Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO NOT USE AUTO-MOVE.COM (AKA CROSS COUNTRY AUTO TRANSPORT) TO MOVE YOUR CAR.

So last Monday, I won an auction for a car. I called about 5-10 automatic delivery locations and got quotes and transit times. Gilles Genereau in auto-move.com told me they could pick up the car between the wedding and Friday, as they already had a driver in the area and he was waiting for his last car. He also told me that the car will be delivered 4-6 days after receipt, which is pretty impressive considering the 3,000 miles the car needs to be transported. I decided to go with this company because of the quick pick-up and transit, as well as the reasonable price ($1000). I was told that I would get a call 24-48 hours before the car was picked up, and that I would be able to track the car on the company's website as soon as it was shipped.

So we got married, and I haven't heard from them yet. I assume they are going to pick up the PT and so call me on Thursday. No one calls me the next day, so I call them. I was told that the car would be picked up on Friday. No one answered the phone the next day. I call again and they tell me they will take it on Saturday. No one answered the phone the next day. On Monday, they finally pick up the car.

I'm trying to track a Tuesday shipment on the company's website (you leave your email address and they send you a response). By Thursday, I had received no response. I try again. It's Friday and I haven't received any response.

I called them several times today until I got through to a customer service representative (most of the time I got a voice mailbox). I just called them and waited in anticipation for about 30 minutes. I was told to expect delivery between the wedding-Fri next week, which is 9-11 days after it was picked up (late).

I'll update again when the car arrives.

Cliff's Notes:
  • I was told that the car will be taken in 2-4 days, it was taken in 7 days .
  • It was said that the car will be delivered in 4-6 days after receipt, now it is said that in 9-11 days
  • Don't use this company, they're a bunch of liars

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree. I feel like a good shipping company will be the main variable there. I feel like a lot of people thinking that shipping their car is something so easy but in reality it can get damaged or broken or something else. A friend of mine had the her car shipped with a random company and it was horrible. The car was severally damaged. I am planning to ship my car ( I can't drive it myself even though I wish I could) but in general I am thinking of using this one company I found called cross country shipping (I'll leave their info below) and I feel like they are good. I saw some really good reviews regarding them so I am willing to give them a try

____
You can check them here: crosscountrycarshipping.com

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Kind of curious, what does this have to do with the Nissan Armada?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Kind of curious, what does this have to do with the Nissan Armada?
This is the "off topic discussion" thread...isn't this where we could write to each other on matters not directly related to the Armada?

On a similar note of vehicle transport, when I bought my Armada, I reached out to 3 different brokers to get it shipped. All had made big promises but a month later, nothing! They all made similar claims, and I read news stories as well, regarding new regulations in the trucking industry that severely limited and controlled the hours a driver can drive. Now there's not enough drivers able to drive long enough to keep up with the demand. That was summer 2018, not sure what the industry has done since to adapt to the new standards. Perhaps more tandem drivers? Again, would need more drivers for that as well. Not sure If this is an exact correlation to what I've read, but I've seen first hand in the port areas where I work, that truckers spend HOURS waiting to pick up cargo and merchandise due to congestion and traffic. All that time is clocked and they've hardly moved a mile! I suppose that can be related to vehicle transporters as well. Time lost to the logistics of pick up and delivery taking away from actual time on the road. The company not communicating with you about what is going on though is unacceptable and only makes a bad situation worse!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was always told to look at Uship and get a quote. They are not cheap but the service is setup so Truckers bid for your biz and you pic the one that works best for you. Unexpected delays can happen when shipping so getting a car on the promised date might not happen. Keep in mind that you can pay to have the front of the truck high or low level for a fee.

I've heard of services where people will accept a fee to drive your car and deliver the vehicle to you. That is if you're open to that. They just fly home after meeting you unless they have another car to take from your area.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
This is the "off topic discussion" thread...isn't this where we could write to each other on matters not directly related to the Armada?
You know, you are right. My question is retracted. Sorry.

Keith

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I had a company "lose" one of my Alfa's that I bought in California and had shipped to KY. Two weeks after they picked it up I had to drive to Alabama and pick it up. It was at the driver's house and he wasn't coming here for another month. Needless to say I had some choice words for the owner of the company.
Grrrrrr

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts