Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
@ golfballs, great to hear and enjoy the much firmer, more controlled ride. About the height, my QX80 was right around the 100k mark so it settled down within a couple days considering the mileage on the OE coils. I'm sure you have less mileage so give it a week or so for the new front suspension to settle down.
I'll say it again, these 6100s so far, has been the best upgrade/mod I've done on my QX80; even over the VL2 CarPlay interface.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks again for all your support. In regards to the boot that fits over the bare chrome rod of the shock, because of the size difference, the shop could not get them on. Should I come up with a secondary way to protect them or no big deal ?

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Most aftermarket manufacturers doesn't even include these boots because the shock/strut is sheltered by the rest of the suspension components anyway. Even hard core off-roaders prefer not to have boots on any of their shocks/struts because it traps in mud and dirt.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
I'm curious, what mods have you done to your QX?
I have them listed and attached some pics in my showcase profile if you want to check them out.
Suspension wise, the next upgrade is the Hellwig 7769 rear sway bar; it should be arriving next week.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2012 Infiniti QX56
1 Posts
Well, I finally ordered my 6100's ! But guess what......it will take up to six weeks to get them ! Boy that takes the shine off the whole purchase. I was able to find a place in Toronto that sold them for $292.00 each plus tax. So just around $650.00. I am so looking forward to getting control of the front end of this big vehicle. It always had a loose feel to it that was a bit unnerving at times. I will let you know when I get them and my results. Thanks again......Allan.
Hi Allan,

Been following your post and looks like the 6100s turned out great. Would you be able to share the link of where you ordered the struts? I'm in Canada as well.

Would you know if the same struts and install approach would work for a 2012 QX56? I have 137k KM and the bouncy vibe is killing me :)

Appreciate any guidance...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts