Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Armada and I recently passed up the opportunity to buy a 2005 which was manufactured with the older style brakes. This question is for current owners. Do you feel after owning the car the manufacturer has resolved most issues and 2006 will be a reliable year for the Armada?

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
proppilot said:
I am looking at the Armada and I recently passed up the opportunity to buy a 2005 which was manufactured with the older style brakes. This question is for current owners. Do you feel after owning the car the manufacturer has resolved most issues and 2006 will be a reliable year for the Armada?

Andy
PEOPLE TALK ABOUT ISSUES, AND THE ONLY ISSUE WITH THE ARMADA WAS THE BREAKS, WHICH NISSAN HAS ADDRESSED AND CORRECTED TO ALL ARMADA OWNERS, NOW, ANY OTHER ISSUES ON THIS FORUM ARE VERY MINOR COMPARED TO OTHER LARGE SUV MANUFACTURERS, AND THIS SHOULD NOT DETER YOU FROM PURSHASING AN ARMADA.
GOOD DEALS ARE RIGHT NOW ON 05 MODELS, THE 06 HAS NOT CHANGED MUCH, BUT ITS ALL UP TO YOU. ( BEST LARGE SUV ) ;)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Of course on the new model years there are always improvements, to include the brakes, upgraded mirrors on the LE, and other creature comforts that for some reason should have been include in the original '04. I still dare you to compare any other SUV in its class and find a better ride for the money. I love my '05, would like to have an '06, but don't see me heading to the dealer for anything but a warranty repair in the near future. Do your research and buy with confidence!!

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
They fixed just about everything in '05. The brakes are warrantied so its no problem. Basically, you get signal mirrors, split rear seat, and split NAV screen. Other than that, its the same truck. Check your deal and if none of these are must have options, go with the best deal. ;)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2005 vs 2006

So you guys are saying the 05 should be ok after I take it in to get the new brakes put on?

My dealer told me they made 1400 changes on the 04 model for 05. That makes me think they made at least a few changes to the 05 for 06.

I looked at the 6 pages of service bullitons for 04 and 05 only had 2 pages. I see it's getting better.

05 has a $2500 rebate while 06 has a $1500.00 rebate. For 1K plus the model price increase, I think the newer year sounds like a good deal.

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
proppilot said:
So you guys are saying the 05 should be ok after I take it in to get the new brakes put on?

My dealer told me they made 1400 changes on the 04 model for 05. That makes me think they made at least a few changes to the 05 for 06.

I looked at the 6 pages of service bullitons for 04 and 05 only had 2 pages. I see it's getting better.

05 has a $2500 rebate while 06 has a $1500.00 rebate. For 1K plus the model price increase, I think the newer year sounds like a good deal.

Andy
THATS A GOOD POINT, IF YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE THEN BY ALL MEANS GET THE 06 WITH ALL THE UPGRADES, BELLS AND WHISTLES ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
proppilot said:

Andy
1400, gee that seems like a awful lot, do you really think that is true.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts

I have had my 06 SE now for about a month and I can tell you this is the best SUV I have ever driven. The great acceleration and seamless shifting(at low speeds u can't even tell its shifting) makes this vehicle a joy to drive. it handles like a car and the 4 wheel discs are awsome. A friend of the family with a 05 Hemi durango saw my Armada and said "It still isn't a Hemi". he shut his mouth after I blew his doors off in an 1/8 mile by 2 car lengths. He then drove my Armada and is now looking to trade his Dodge in. I luv my 06 and you should also.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
KC Armada said:
I have had my 06 SE now for about a month and I can tell you this is the best SUV I have ever driven. The great acceleration and seamless shifting(at low speeds u can't even tell its shifting) makes this vehicle a joy to drive. it handles like a car and the 4 wheel discs are awsome. A friend of the family with a 05 Hemi durango saw my Armada and said "It still isn't a Hemi". he shut his mouth after I blew his doors off in an 1/8 mile by 2 car lengths. He then drove my Armada and is now looking to trade his Dodge in. I luv my 06 and you should also.
You may want to remind him he has less room and the Durangos have been having trannys burning up. Also the hemi is liable to pop if you put more than 400hp to it. Hemi just means dome shaped heads. It ain't the real hemi from the 60s that was a legend.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
premier333 said:
Take my word for it!!! Pas the Nissan up and buy a Proven SUV. :D
Like....
GM has blowing head gaskets, and basically everything breaks on them
Ford is slow and basic with a 4 speed trans
Lincoln is a refined slow SUV
Toyota is a TOY.
That's about all your choices. :hmm:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
They fixed just about everything in '05. The brakes are warrantied so its no problem. Basically, you get signal mirrors, split rear seat, and split NAV screen. Other than that, its the same truck. Check your deal and if none of these are must have options, go with the best deal. ;)
Consumer Reports rated the Infiniti QX56 as one of the worst cars of 2005.

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/worstcar_1.html

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Idiots

lazybot said:

Consumer Reports are automotive idiots, they should stick to toasters and vacuum cleaners. Have you read their articles? They have no hands-on practical knowledge with automobiles, its like my mom wrote for them. How could they state that the 04 Armada had a below average previous history when there was no previous year? They really have very little automotive credibility.

BTW, Did your research mention anything about minor problems like; Durango wheels falling off and engine sludge, Expedition spark plugs blowing out, GM piston slap class action law suits. Are your first two post ever in this forum supposed to inform us exactly about what? And what knowledge are you hoping to gain by them? Troll?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
All I can say is that my Armada, an '04 with a 12/03 build date has been flawless. I'm at 25,000 miles now -- hard miles at that. I've had no brake problems, no trouble of any kind. It has not been back to the dealer for anything.

I don't think I am just lucky. I think the overwhelming majority of Armada owners agree.

The Ford Expedition it replaced was recalled three times, once for electrical system problems, another for lug nuts that were defective and a third time for the Firestone tire recall.

I am very happy.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I never had any problems on my Ford Expedition, only one thing, thieves liked it more than I did. I had 115,000 and replaced the rotors once and thats it, even with 35's and a 4" lift. No tranny problems or motor work.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
lazybot said:

All these "reports" come from the same source, Consumer Reports. CR rates current vehicles based on repair records from earlier models. The 2004 had many brake rotor issues. Unlike most makers including GM and Toyota, Nissan fixed these under warranty and promptly. Other issues etc. were fixed and none were major. However, CR doesn't take any changes, fixes, updates, etc. into account when rating current vehicles.

Sorry. If you are asking legitimately, here's the answer and welcome. If you are trolling, please leave. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.