Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 SE Deep Water Blue Armada, and am thinking of trading up to an 06 LE. Do you think it is worth it for the options / expense? I "think" i can get about $23K for my 04, with 18K miles. Has after market DVD, and Cold Air Induction.

06 LE is running about $42K plus TTL. :eek:

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
If you could afford the payment, I would say go for it. Just consider this as trading in your $23k vehicle for a new 06 MADA LE. :)

In my opinion, the after market DVD and CAI do not really bring an additional value to the vehicle when trading in. You would be able to get more $$$ via private sale.

Just my $0.02

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
You are the only one who can really answer that question. If it is going to make you happy, and you can afford it, I say go for it. I have thought about this myself, and I don't think it is worth it, and I get Nissans under invoice because my friend works for Nissan Corp. Good luck on what ever you decide.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
If I were you I'd consider selling the '04 on ebay or listing it in classifieds. They seem to be bringing alot more than $23k on ebay. The dealer won't give you as good a deal as an individual buyer would pay for one that new and with so few miles.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
madamadness said:
I have an 04 SE Deep Water Blue Armada, and am thinking of trading up to an 06 LE. Do you think it is worth it for the options / expense? I "think" i can get about $23K for my 04, with 18K miles. Has after market DVD, and Cold Air Induction.

06 LE is running about $42K plus TTL. :eek:

Thoughts?
You may be able to get more as I got 20K for my 2004 XE 4X4 Off Road Titan. I had 22,000 miles on it when I traded in October of '05 . Armada costs about 10K more plus you have less miles and it's a higher model line.

If you're not having problems, I would in no way trade. I traded my 2000 Xterra on my Titan and wish I had never done so after all the problems I had with that Titan. The Xterra was a very reliable truck with nearly no problems even after 60K miles.

If you done good with your '04, I wouldn't risk it. If you done bad with your '04, I wouldn't buy the same vehicle again either knowing you may come out the same or worse.

SO, if it's a good vehicle, KEEP IT.

*BTW* 4WD for my truck was roughly an invoice price of $3,000 and Off Package was an invoice price of $1000. So my Off Road 4WD was invoice priced at $4,000. If you have a 2WD, then your price might be pretty accurate. 2WD trucks/SUVs here have very low resale value.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not having any issues with my 04', but i really would like to have Leather (the cloth sucks), Navigation, 4x4, and I really want the 3rd row split seats. My wife and i are having our 3rd kid, so if i put my oldest in the 3rd row, leaves almost no room for a stroller, groceries, or even my dog (90lb German Shepard). The 04' is paid for, so it would just be another car payment, but for a really nice car.

We'll see, I'm pondering the idea, and am going to wait until Summer time. I may sell it on the street, and then go to the dealer. All depends on what the dealer can do.

Thanks for your comments!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.