Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took all of 10 minutes (per light) to install my new Sylvania Silverstar lightbulbs. I just did the low beams (9006ST...40 bucks from Pep Boys).
Here is the play-by-play:
1) Turn the wheel all the way to one side so you'll have room to operate. I started with the drivers side, so i turned the wheel all the way to the RIGHT.
2) Remove the one screw thats located in that one recessed area, then remove the one clip that sits up top near the edge of the fender...pull the fender well lining back to gain access to the bulb area
3)Undo wire connector to the bulb, turn the bulb about 1/4 turn counter clockwise and pull the bulb out.
4) insert Silverstar bulb and follow the steps in reverse.
5) PIECE OF CAKE! You're done!

I've had Silverstars in my Mitsubishi Eclipse for about 3 years now and I love them...they've never burned out out or caused me any problems. Don't know why its taken me this long to put them in the Armada. Although I did the installation without touching the actual bulb I did where those latex shop gloves just to be on the safe side.
COME ONE NITE TIME SO I CAN TRY THEM OUT!!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
dboogie said:
It took all of 10 minutes (per light) to install my new Sylvania Silverstar lightbulbs. I just did the low beams (9006ST...40 bucks from Pep Boys).
1) Turn the wheel all the way to one side so you'll have room to operate. I started with the drivers side, so i turned the wheel all the way to the RIGHT.
2) Remove the one screw thats located in that one recessed area, then remove the one clip that sits up top near the edge of the fender...pull the fender well lining back to gain access to the bulb area
3)Undo wire connector to the bulb, turn the bulb about 1/4 turn counter clockwise and pull the bulb out.

I've had Silverstars in my Mitsubishi Eclipse for about 3 years now and I love them...they've never burned out out or caused me any problems. Don't know why its taken me this long to put them in the Armada. Although I did the installation without touching the actual bulb I did where those latex shop gloves just to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the instructions on installing the SilverStars. I only removed the one screw in tyhe recessed area to get access. I replaced my high and low beams today. When I installed one side I turned on the lights and seen a big difference in the whiteness and brightness of the SilverStars compared to the stock bulbs.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
05mada: Glad the instructions helped. It WAS a piece of cake to install wasn't it?! :) I added the highbeams this pass weekend and like you said...big difference! On top of that I also found the Silverstar foglights (i believe the part number was 800st) and put them in too......now that was an even bigger difference in whiteness and brightness compared to the stock fog light. My wife knew I had replaced the lowbeams with the Silverstars two weekends ago but she didn't know that I did the fog lights when i did the high beams this past weekend. This morning she called me from her cell phone while driving to work to ask me if I had done something to the fog lights because they were much brighter than they used to be. Silverstars.....from now on, if my future cars don't come with HID's I'll be putting Silverstars in them:excellent

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
dboogie said:
05mada: Glad the instructions helped. It WAS a piece of cake to install wasn't it?! :) I added the highbeams this pass weekend and like you said...big difference! On top of that I also found the Silverstar foglights (i believe the part number was 800st) and put them in too......now that was an even bigger difference in whiteness and brightness compared to the stock fog light. My wife knew I had replaced the lowbeams with the Silverstars two weekends ago but she didn't know that I did the fog lights when i did the high beams this past weekend. This morning she called me from her cell phone while driving to work to ask me if I had done something to the fog lights because they were much brighter than they used to be. Silverstars.....from now on, if my future cars don't come with HID's I'll be putting Silverstars in them:excellent
You were right it was a piece of cake. I was wondering about the fog lights. I know that the stock number for them are 881. So the 880 can be used instead? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
05mada: In my other post I said the part number was 800st, but that was incorrect. The part number for the the fogs that I installed is 880st, like you said. I was a little skeptical on getting them because I hadn't seen anyone mention that specific number but i looked at the wattage and if I remember correctly they are the same wattage as the factory fogs. I do remember that the wattage was not any HIGHER than the factory fogs. We've used them everyday after the install and no problems with them at all. glad i could help!!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Silverstars: Me too...

I put them in too last week. High and low beams. Although I took out the additional fender screw just under the lip of the wheel well to give me a little more clearance. Will probably get the fog lights too. I think its a darn good alternative to the HID replacement for triple/quadruple the cost. Still get a nice white light. Good tip.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
dboogie said:
05mada: In my other post I said the part number was 800st, but that was incorrect. The part number for the the fogs that I installed is 880st, like you said. I was a little skeptical on getting them because I hadn't seen anyone mention that specific number but i looked at the wattage and if I remember correctly they are the same wattage as the factory fogs. I do remember that the wattage was not any HIGHER than the factory fogs. We've used them everyday after the install and no problems with them at all. glad i could help!!
Thanks for the info I will replace the fog lights now. I replaced them and there is a big difference in brightness when I compared them. I will see the difference in the morning at 0500. Thanks again for for help.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05mada: no problem!! don't it make ya feel good when ya find a cheap (compared to getting real HID's) modification that actually works!! Come 0500 you'll be able to tell the difference :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Using high beam Silverstar on low beam housing

Hey y'all:

I replaced the stock headlights on my 06 Armada LE a few days ago with the Sylvania Silverstars. I used the appropriate silverstars to match our oem wattage. I've been very happy but I dont thnk there is a huge different in terms of lumens output. My question is: can we or should we use the high beam silverstars on our low beam light housing? The increase wattage would increase lumens but my theory is that since the lamp housing is not as focused it should work and still not be as bright as the highbeam silverstars.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
dboogie said:

If you just got them, there is a rebate on them. I got fogs and high beams, which means I can get $10 back with my receipts. They do help but are still very amber next to the HIDs. ;)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought my lows, highs, and fogs from Advance Auto Parts. They have them on sale through January 28, 2006 buy one, get the second one half off. :rrg: So go and get them. I still have a question though. I bought the 881 for the fogs, will that work? Please let me know so that if not I can take them back. Thanks board!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
PACMANEJ said:
Hey guys, I just bought my lows, highs, and fogs from Advance Auto Parts. They have them on sale through January 28, 2006 buy one, get the second one half off. :rrg: So go and get them. I still have a question though. I bought the 881 for the fogs, will that work? Please let me know so that if not I can take them back. Thanks board!
do they have a website, and what are the numbers, parts and$$$$$$:confused:

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
AFT MKT Fog Lights any suggestions?

Any suggestions to adding Fog Lights I have the SE no Fog Lights and am looking to Buy some.

Thaks in advance

K

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Stock kelvin numbers

Anyone know what the Kelvin numbers are for the Armada's stock headlights? I'm guessing it's the same across all model years.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Are these the regular silverstars or the ULTRA?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Was a piece of cake

Thanks for the walkthrough. Only problem I had on mine was the fact that my fogs weren't 881 so I had to order another set (Mine had 899's in em).

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I just installed the Ultra's. Much brighter/whiter than the OEM. But, I'd rather have HID.

dan

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
My ulra's just came in! Gonna install them as soon as the wife gets home!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts