Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before I go..

anyone know if the dealer has to refund me the unused portion of the extended warranty??? I only had the car for 90 days lol... added $8 / month over 72 months... do they now owe me $600 or so??

I thought I remember them telling me that but is it realistic to go and make a claim or a waste of time.

thanks !!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Heat03 said:
before I go..

anyone know if the dealer has to refund me the unused portion of the extended warranty??? I only had the car for 90 days lol... added $8 / month over 72 months... do they now owe me $600 or so??

I thought I remember them telling me that but is it realistic to go and make a claim or a waste of time.

thanks !!
Pretty sure it goes with the car like the wiper blades. ;)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
warranty

The "extended warranty" is not a warranty at all. It is a service contract, and falls under the contract laws in your state. Almost all are refundable or transferrable - but be careful - you probably have a limited time (like 30 days) to complete the paperwork when the car is transferred. I have had two "ew's" refunded in the not too distant past. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Yes it's refundable. I knew a guy in the car business and he told me that most peoples don't know this and the dealer make it a point NOT to tell the customer about it during purchase. :mad:

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I agree, it is refundable, I was told this several times as they pushed to get me to buy it. Contact them for them for your refund.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx guys... im going to dealer tomorrow morning.. i'll post my results....

hey, that 600 dollars could pay for dvd install to my nav screen in my new Acura TL..... :)

again. i do kind of miss the Mada

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
It is refundable just like what everybody else is saying. I've done this twice now and most recently is when I traded my 02 Explorer for my 04 Armada. I had my unused portion refund in about two weeks ;)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Of course

Yes they will refund your unused warranty in cold hard dollars. Just contact Nissan and ask how they do it these days. I have never had trouble with nissan motor acceptance and my unused warranty money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts