Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided to sell our travel trailer, as we have decided to move up to a motorhome (kids are both gone, and now it's time to live it up!!). Trailer is a 2002 Prowler Lynx Ultra-Lite, Model 826M. It is fully self-contained, has a power slideout on the drivers side (contains couch), full kitchen with oven, stove, refrigerator and microwave, and a bathroom with toilet, sink, shower, even a small bathtub (great for little kids). The trailer sleeps 6 (queen bed, fold-out couch, fold-down dinette). It is 26 feet long, ~4300 lbs dry weight, with a GVWR of 5800 lbs. It tows great behind our Armada, including in the mountains, up hills, etc. We have owned the trailer since new, we bought it in August 2002. The trailer is in great shape inside and out. The trailer exterior is fiberglass, with a smooth finish (not corrugated aluminum). It is always covered when not in use (cover included in sale). Roof is good, no leaks. Everything works as it should. Recent tires and wheel bearing/brake service. Decals are beginning to peel in a couple of locations (typical for a RV of this age). We just returned from a 2500 mile trip from Southern California to Colorado and back a few weeks ago, so we know everything works fine. It is ready for a new owner to enjoy it the same way we have.We are selling it ready to tow behind your Armada or other SUV/pickup; includes hitch, tow mirrors, batteries, etc. Just bring your tow vehicle with brake controller installed; nothing else needed. We are located in the San Gabriel Valley, just east and north of Los Angeles.

Features include:
  • Ducted A/C (cool air comes out in multiple locations, not just under the A/C unit)
  • Propane furnace
  • Dual power Dometic refrigerator and freezer (runs on propane or 110v power)
  • Propane oven and 3 burner stove
  • 6 gallon hot water heater (propane and 110v power)
  • Microwave (110v power)
  • Lots of storage, in bathroom closet, under the dinette, under the bed (accessible from outside) and in the kitchen
  • Electric slideout
  • 2 propane tanks
  • Full length awning
  • TV antenna, and cable hookup
  • Adjustable stabilizer jacks
  • Exterior shower (in addition to shower inside)
  • Heated Holding Tanks (part of cold weather package)
  • AM/FM Stereo w/ CD Player
  • Carpet in living room and bedroom; vinyl floor in kitchen and bathroom
Other items included with Trailer:
  • Equal-i-zer brand weight distribution / anti-sway hitch, set up to tow with a Nissan Armada
  • Power tongue jack
  • 2 6V batteries
  • BAL Wheel chocks
  • Clip-on tow mirrors
  • Nearly new storage cover ($300 new)
Here is a link to the Prowler brochure, so you can see the specifications and features. This is for a 2003, but they didn't change from 2002: https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/Fleetwood2003_pr_f.pdf

The NADAguides Average Retail Value is $4680 for the trailer only. To my friends at ClubArmada, I am asking $4500 with all extras included.

Attached are a few pictures. If you want more information, PM me, and I'll get right back with you with more pictures or information.

// Exterior Drive Side Small.jpg Exterior Passenger Side Small.jpg Interior Small.jpg Keith

Reactions: OBXPatrol

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
The NADAguides Average Retail Value is $4680 for the trailer only. To my friends at ClubArmada, I am asking $4500 with all extras included.
That's a great deal, Keith! That should sell in no time.

You going to part ways with the Armada also?

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great deal, Keith! That should sell in no time.

You going to part ways with the Armada also?
Likely, yes. But not in the short term. We want to get something to tow behind the motorhome, and the Armada can't be flat towed. Otherwise, we'd keep it.

Keith

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Everybody buys Jeeps to tow behind motorhomes. If you haven't already noticed that keep an open eye and you'll start to notice.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everybody buys Jeeps to tow behind motorhomes. If you haven't already noticed that keep an open eye and you'll start to notice.
Yep. But since this vehicle will also be my wife's daily driver, a "real" Jeep probably isn't a good choice. We've been looking at the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

On a slightly different note, I got a quote from Carvana on what they would pay for the Armada, and it was a bit higher than I was expecting. They offered $16,400 (2012 Platinum 4WD, 81K miles). So that helps out the finances a bit.

Keith

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
That actually is a good offer. I have an 11 Platinum with about 88K miles and would be happy with that offer.

How did you get your quote from CarVana?

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On line. Just answer a few questions, then they send a quote good for 7 days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Folks, just want to share my experience selling a car through Carvana. I too received a very fair offer for my 2012 Toyota Highlander Limited with about 101,000 miles on it. I had tried selling it myself for about 3 weeks unsuccessfully. This was my car before getting a 2019 Armada Platinum 2 months ago.

Once I accepted the Carvana offer I scheduled an appointment. The guy arrived on time with some paperwork to sign, process took about 10 minutes, while the guy was still walking around the car I received a text message confirming the transaction with payment to be processed the next day. Sure enough I received the cash in my account the next day. All and all very efficient transaction.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, JJ_G!! Will take that into consideration when (if?) we decide to sell our Armada.

By the way, BUMP for my trailer sale. Anybody interested? Make a great starter unit for someone wanting to get into RV-ing at a pretty low cost.

Keith

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
This is a great offer! Too bad you're on the other side of the continent, and my wife wants a boat.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trailer is sold....unfortunately not to somebody on this forum, but to what seems to be a nice family that hopefully will continue enjoying it the way we have been enjoying it. Put it on Offer-Up, and was inundated with requests to see it. The first person that saw it bought it for more than what I was asking. Will be sad to see it leave when they come by to pick it up on Saturday..... :-(

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Good news on your sale!

Yeah I just read the other day that the demand for TT's has absolutely skyrocketed since Covid has hit. You probably could have tacked on another thousand to the asking price and got it with no problem.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did end up selling it for more than I was asking for it here, plus I didn't include the hitch or the mirrors. Wanted to give my fellow Armadian's the best deal. I placed an ad on the Offer-Up app yesterday morning, and within an hour, had at least 50 inquiries. In fact, I had so many, I had to cancel the ad, because my phone was going crazy from all of the notifications, and I was trying to work. One guy stood out, he told me he was looking for a camper to use to take his wife and daughter camping. I called him, showed him the trailer yesterday afternoon, and he bought it right away. He picks it up on Saturday. Going to be sad to see it go.

So, now I have a complete used Equal-i-zer hitch, some clip-on tow mirrors, and some between wheel BAL wheel chocks for sale. Open to offers.

Keith

1 - 13 of 13 Posts