Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I purchased a pre-owned Armada Platinum recently, and have found the map info sorely lacking. After a little research, we found a map update on the Nissan Owners Portal, so I ordered it. We just received it, and the instructions call for replacing the old map SD card with the new one that came with the updated maps. The problem is, the instructions say the SD card slot is in the center console, but darned if I can find it. Anyone done this update? I could sure use some info. I'll take it to the dealer if that's the only route, but I'd like to figure it out on my own. TIA.

Well, I finally figured it out. After an hour on the phone with Nissan support, we found the pesky SD card slot. There were four possible locations, only two of which I could find online (inside the center console or beside the DVD slot...no dice) The third was on the back of the front row console...nope.
The fourth was to the left of the steering wheel column, in the same block as the headlight adjustment and power door switch. On the right side of that panel was what looked like a cutout for an optional switch, with a blank switch plate installed. It turns out that is a cover that you pry open (easy with a fingernail). The card is labeled behind it. Literally a two minute job. I’ll try to attach a pic. Hope this saves someone else a trip to the dealer.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The update seems to be at least a slight improvement, though we haven’t really put it through it’s paces yet. We’re taking a road trip next Saturday, so I’ll know more after that. I don’t have super high hopes. The lack of Apple Car Play is a huge oversight. The Navi system is my only real disappointment with the Armada.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll likely update each year as well. I’m curious about using some of the third party map vendors I’ve seen online, not sure how compatible they are.
I haven’t looked into the Amazon Echo for the car...but I will now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts