Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Scorpion, I may keep the rear spacer to level out just like Pops did.....if I don't get any buyers here locally by the time this lift is completed, I will PM you for the fronts if still interested.

NateSmith, the rims are Diamo 17 Karat Black. Another member, OurMada, also has the same rim too.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
FWIW, I ended up removing the spacers, they are sitting in a cabinet now. They were initiating too much spring and not enough shock. If your new RADFLO's are longer than the OEM shocks, then you might be able to utilize them. Someone posted on here (maybe OURmada808 ??) that a guy in Hawaii had put in a minilift with the Procomp and got 8" of lift. It voids ProComp's warranty, but it might possibly be do-able. - lol :D

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
So Then Ill Get The Front From Cru And The Rear From Pops Heheheheh.( BTW POPS DO YOU HAVE A 2" LIFT YOU WANT TO GET RID OFF)

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
Sweet............

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I'd think I'd try 285/65-20s or 285/75-18s. What is the advantage to going wider without going taller? Does the 10-20% increase in width make a bigger difference than the 6% increase in diameter? My experience on our lunar surface NY/NJ roads is the diameter means a lot.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
... What is the advantage to going wider without going taller? Does the 10-20% increase in width make a bigger difference than the 6% increase in diameter? ...
Makes a HUGE difference offroad. Wider tread is the difference between staying on top of or sinking in sand or mud. Every little bit of extra tread helps grab more dirt for better traction. It's the difference between needing to air down the tires to 10-psi for better traction or not. Wider tires help on jagged rocks by providing a wider surface that doesn't slip off as easily. Not to mention that the tread patterns on wider tires are usually bigger and deeper for better grip.

275's would've slipped on these rocks and there's no way I would've driven on this terrain on OEM width tires or a 285 because it'd be too risky to miss or slip and have the rocks damage an LCA or the undercarriage. On this first pic, driving over those rocks was the smoothest path available and it was very narrow so steering around them wasn't an option, any other path on that ridge would've teeter-tottered the undercarriage.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I can see the issue in sand or mud, neither an issue for me. The extra two inches of a 35", or a 37" or bigger on a different chassis, would have climbed over rocks and trail inperfections more easily though.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts