Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the specs for the dvd monitor housing..so i can look for a monitor to put in there

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Iotaman said:
Does anyone have the specs for the dvd monitor housing..so i can look for a monitor to put in there

You can get a Myron & Davis 9" monitor to go in there. Part # ANS190. Anything Large you will have to cut and chop up the above console.

This what I am having installed in my Mada.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Wow this is pretty nice. Fits right into the housing with the larger screen. Quick question. i have a couple in my headrest now that are made by microvision. Can i go with a different brand monitor and have it plug into my dvd player or am i kinda screwed with what type of monitors to go with? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Not sure what your question is, but yes you can mix monitor brands. You just need something to distribute the signal and has enough power for all the monitors to run at once.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe my question was alittle to vague..what i wanna know is it possible to go and find any brand of monitor between 7-9"" and use any brand of dvd player other than myron davis to install in the roof..also what navigation systems do u recommend to install that meets or exceeds what's given through the factory and can i buy the housing sepratly for a factory finish for it

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Iotaman said:
maybe my question was alittle to vague..what i wanna know is it possible to go and find any brand of monitor between 7-9"" and use any brand of dvd player other than myron davis to install in the roof..also what navigation systems do u recommend to install that meets or exceeds what's given through the factory and can i buy the housing sepratly for a factory finish for it

Yes you can mix and match montitors with Players. You just need to make sure you signal is powerful enough to push to the monitors. You may need to install a in line video amp. Any good dealer will be able to get you these parts.

As far as the NAV system i am not sure, i to am looking for an aftermarket NAV system.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we all know that myron davis dvd system fits right into the overhead console..if i bought another brand say sony..would it fit in the same spot..

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The M&D REPLACEs the entire overhead bin. Any other monitor will require some cutting and creating a frame to retrofit the bin and make it look good. I have not seen any stand alone montior over 7" either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts