Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where the speed sense wire is located? DIRECT WIRE says behind the glove box to the left or the AV switch. I have not been able to find it. My local stereo shops have not yet installed a nav unit in the titan or armada yet so they are no help

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The attached drawings may help. The speed signal wire is white/red. It is connected to terminal 29 on the plug on the back of the instrument cluster.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
manny0 said:
Anyone know where the speed sense wire is located? DIRECT WIRE says behind the glove box to the left or the AV switch. I have not been able to find it. My local stereo shops have not yet installed a nav unit in the titan or armada yet so they are no help
Out of curiousity, why are you looking for it?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andy said:
Out of curiousity, why are you looking for it?
I have a Kenwood navigation unit in my armada and it needs to be hooked up to the speed sense wire so it knows what speed you are going when you have no signal from the gps antenna. (Heavy trees, long bridges, parking garages) It helps keep you on the road on the navigation screen, if not you are about 1 lane off to the left or right and the guidance system does not work very well. Speed and antenna work together

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
manny0 said:
I have a Kenwood navigation unit in my armada and it needs to be hooked up to the speed sense wire so it knows what speed you are going when you have no signal from the gps antenna. (Heavy trees, long bridges, parking garages) It helps keep you on the road on the navigation screen, if not you are about 1 lane off to the left or right and the guidance system does not work very well. Speed and antenna work together
Thanks, that's pretty interesting.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Ya, very interesting..

Is this an indash unit that replaces the head unit or do you have to mount this somewhere on the dash?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scr38 said:
The attached drawings may help. The speed signal wire is white/red. It is connected to terminal 29 on the plug on the back of the instrument cluster.
Behind the instrument cluster was the easy way to do it thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Poorboy said:
Is this an indash unit that replaces the head unit or do you have to mount this somewhere on the dash?
The Kenwood 3100 could go in dash if you wanted to. But I have the Kenwood DDX double din unit, so I have my nav under pas seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts