Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Our 2006 qx56s Speedometer is stuck on 20mph when we are sitting still, and is off by 20mph while accelerating.
Anyone have tips or tricks to fix this issue, or has anyone encountered this before?

·
Super Moderator
5,405 Posts
i loved the first gen qx instrument cluster. i think they are soo cool looking. but when they flake out, there's not really any way to service them -- so they are just replaced. its 14+ years old- thats a good run! :)

the clusters are not expensive to replace and you can find a local dealer who will adjust it to your car with very little money.

was it ever flickering out or doing any other issues prior to this?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
You can try cluster repair as well, a quick search turned this up -

I did something similar with a past Audi and it worked well.

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i loved the first gen qx instrument cluster. i think they are soo cool looking. but when they flake out, there's not really any way to service them -- so they are just replaced. its 14+ years old- thats a good run! :)

the clusters are not expensive to replace and you can find a local dealer who will adjust it to your car with very little money.

was it ever flickering out or doing any other issues prior to this?
The first bar on the volt meter sometimes works sometimes doesn’t, very odd. It’s been like that since we got it.

Am I able to replace it myself, and then they can adjust the mileage?

·
Super Moderator
5,405 Posts
if you are handy with removing car panels and such then you can try. there are videos out there to show you...

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect. It’s now stuck on 15mph, down from 20mph, I’m wondering if it will go back to 0...

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
How old is your battery? When the battery on our truck was getting weak, the speedo and tach started acting strange. A week or so later the battery died. Replaced it, and all was good again.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How old is your battery? When the battery on our truck was getting weak, the speedo and tach started acting strange. A week or so later the battery died. Replaced it, and all was good again.
The battery is only about 4 months old. I’ll have the battery tested though to make sure.

Update: the speedo is now back to 0 mph when stopped, and works perfectly. I am now even more confused than I was before.

·
Super Moderator
5,405 Posts
if you did nothing to it to fix it, most likely it will fail again. happy its normal now.. but next time it may flicker throw a code or just stop functioning. id still look into getting another one or using the service linked earlier...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts