Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2008 nissan armada 2wd. There is a squeaking/squealing noise while driving slow not sure where its coming from. Front and back brakes pad change, front and back wheel hub change, back rotor change. New struts and shocks. New serpentine belt.
So today i took it into an auto repair shop for a diagnostic check and was told by the mechanic that my drive shaft is bad. So i ask if it was the u joint and he reply no. The noise is coming from the center of the drive shaft not the u joints. No vibration while driving just that squeaking noise.
Is it possible to have a bad drive shaft and there is nothing wrong with the u joints as the mechanic stated?
In need of some advice

·
Premium Member
2013 Armada Platinum 8 passenger
62 Posts
I don't think so. As far as I am aware, there are no bearings or other items that would cause a squeak. Time for a second opinion!

Have you gotten underneath to see if you can make any sense of it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. As far as I am aware, there are no bearings or other items that would cause a squeak. Time for a second opinion!

Have you gotten underneath to see if you can make any sense of it?
Thanks for the response.
I did go under it yesterday when i got home. All it has is the u joints on both no support bearing on drive shaft. I try and rock the drive shaft to see if there is anything kind of play in the u joints, there was none. Today ill try jack it up remove the rear wheel, put it in neutral and try to spin the drive shaft manually and listen closely to the u joints. I definitely will be get a sencond opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine squeaks as well, I'm thinking it is the sway bar bushings...The driveshaft is just a hunk of metal, I don't know how it would be squeaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts