Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.... I have a very squeaky drivers seat. I took the Armada in and they said the only TSB they have is for leather seats and not the fabric like I have. Honestly why the heck should it matter if I have fabric or leather?
A squeaky seat is a squeaky seat. The guy heard the squeak and said they would have to take out the whole seat to find the problem. I have friends coming in town tomorrow, and can't not have the truck. Anyone else with the squeaky fabric drivers seat?? Any suggestions. :damn: if it ain't one thing... it's another!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Don't have a squeaky seat BUT I heard a NEW NOISE today! When I started the truck I heard a grinding sound under the truck...maybe not exactly a grinding sound....more like when you forget your car is on and you got to REstart it. I go in for an oil change soon, guess I will tell them about that noise when I'm there. :mad:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Taking the seat out is no big deal. 4 bolts and you're done. I had the squeak on my driver's seat, but I ended up putting a thin rubber washer between the bolts and the floor and the noise went away. You could also just loosen up the bolts, grease them, and put it all back together.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I have it also. I think they said the bolts were too tight and needed greasing as mentioned. The TSB is for the plastic power controls rubbing on the leather of the seat. This causes a squeek and wouldn't on a cloth. My squeek isn't related to the controls so I'll probably loosen and grease myself.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks Guys! I will have my hubby do what you guys suggested and see if that helps! :) :urthebest

1 - 5 of 5 Posts