Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been listening to, what I thought, was a squeaky drivers seat for about a month now. I would take it in to the dealership, and every time, they said they could not duplicate it. Today, I took it in and I drove with the tech and just like he said... there was no squeak. So, then I told him that I wanted to drive it, for everytime I drive, it squeaks. We went for a drive, and he heard the squeak. Then he asked to drive it again... no squeak. Now, I am MUCH SMALLER than the tech, but yet when I drove, it would squeak, when he drove, it did not. I finally asked him to put on his seatbelt (for he had not been wearing it when he drove, and TAH- DAH... there was the squeak. So, we found it. I feel better now. HA HA :)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Dude! This same squeak has been driving me nuts the past few days! Which part was squeaking and did you just WD-40 it to get rid of it?

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The squeak seemed to have come from the part that you click the belt into. So, yes, I did add some WD40 to that section and the squeak is gone for now. :D I am just going to keep putting on the WD40. I hope that this helps your squeak as well.... trust me... I know how damn frustrating that can me!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I noticed my seat squeaks with and without the seat belt on, however I still plan to WD40 anything that looks suspicious down there. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know... I had a bit of a squeak without the seatbelt as well. It was not nearly as loud as with the seatbelt. I went ahead and used the WD40 on the seatbelts latch and I also lubricated the bolts on the underside of the seat. As of now, the squeak is gone, but somehow... I know it will be back. HA HA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts