Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes have started squealing when the brakes are applied at low speeds. Anybody else? I have had the brake fix done.

Keith

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I just noticed the same thing over the weekend - a loud high pitched squeal when the brakes are applied. It's just started so I don't have much to go off of yet. I had the permanent brake fix done about a month ago - I'll have to look at mileage etc since the fix. But it appears to be something that only happens once or twice when I first start driving the car. After a few stops I don't hear it anymore. Is that the same thing you're seeing?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
logdog said:
I just noticed the same thing over the weekend - a loud high pitched squeal when the brakes are applied. It's just started so I don't have much to go off of yet. I had the permanent brake fix done about a month ago - I'll have to look at mileage etc since the fix. But it appears to be something that only happens once or twice when I first start driving the car. After a few stops I don't hear it anymore. Is that the same thing you're seeing?
Still squeaking. Since then, I've had the "final-final" brake fix done (at the time of the posting, I only had the first final done), so the brake dust is reduced, no juddering yet, but still got the squeak.

Keith

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
No squeak on mine. I did have squeak on the old brakes. :confused:

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Got it at low speed braking. Thought it was all pos's around here, but turns out its me. Are they ever gonna get this thing right? :mad:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
My brakes continue to squeal. I had the final brake fix over 10k ago and three trips back to the dealership have not fixed the squeal. I also tried the CRC Anti-Squeal and it made little to no difference. Later found that it isn't recommended for shimmed pads (which ours are) despite posts at Titan Talk that says otherwise.

I'm headed back next week for return of the dreaded brake judder and the brake squeal will again be on the list of complaints.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Armadaof1 said:
My brakes continue to squeal. I had the final brake fix over 10k ago and three trips back to the dealership have not fixed the squeal. I also tried the CRC Anti-Squeal and it made little to no difference. Later found that it isn't recommended for shimmed pads (which ours are) despite posts at Titan Talk that says otherwise.

I'm headed back next week for return of the dreaded brake judder and the brake squeal will again be on the list of complaints.
Armadaof1 - This is the first post I know of where the brake judder has returned after the Nissan fix. Are you sure you have the final brake fix?

Keith

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I noticed a squeal when slow braking as well...attributed mine to road debris...will be going to dealer soon for the TSB on the trailer electrical system and we'll see what happens

1 - 8 of 8 Posts