Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Armada has 4000 miles on it and the front passenger seat has begun to squeek whenever someone is sitting there. Also, both rear passenger doors make a "sticking" or "popping" sound upon opening the doors. Anyone else???? Really discouraging considering that this is not an "inexpensive" vehicle. :huh:

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Not sure about the doors. I'm a lard butt and my drivers seat started to squeek. I brought it to the dealer and he put in a new seat frame. No squeaks now. :D

BTW, I'm also loosing weight. My high was 285, I got the Mada last year at 245, and now I'm 225, with 200 by Christmas as the goal. :fantastic

The only hard part will be Thanksgiving. :eek:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I am a big guy and my seat squeeks...drives me crazy...I will push to have them replace the seat track and see what happens. I hear most of the squeeks when I move left and right in the seat, like the back of the seat is the problem....

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
The popping noise you're referring to is likely the weatherstripping. You could put a little lube of some kind on it to keep the stripping from sticking together and popping when you open the doors.

As for the squeak, I had this too. I removed the seat and all the plastic trim around the seat frame and WD-40'd and all is well. Lasted about 6 months so far...

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
adjmcloon said:
The popping noise you're referring to is likely the weatherstripping. You could put a little lube of some kind on it to keep the stripping from sticking together and popping when you open the doors.

As for the squeak, I had this too. I removed the seat and all the plastic trim around the seat frame and WD-40'd and all is well. Lasted about 6 months so far...
If it is the weatherstripping, BMW makes the best weatherstripping lube called Gummipledge. Comes in a tube and won't promote dry rot, etc. Another tip I got from the vette guys. Just go to a Bimmer dealer and ask for it at the parts dept. ;)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Thanks Triple...that rocks. I've been looking around for something to use. The krytox lube that Nissan uses for their TSB's is like $100 for a tiny little .4 oz. tube!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.