Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard some light rubbing from the front wheel well after the dealer replaced both exhaust manifolds under warranty a while ago. After replacing all brake rotors and pads yesterday I noticed that the driver's side brake line was rubbing the tire in hard turns. I'd like to replace the brake lines now with stainless braided lines but am not sure what to get. Almost all the SS brake line posts on here are for Armadas earlier than 2010. Anyone have any suggestions on what and where to get?

20200515_144324.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I bought a set from Rotora-Japan for my QX80 back in Feb. The overall construction of these lines is hands down, some of the best I’ve seen. It puts others like Goodridge, Stoptech, Pro-Comp to shame.
Contact [email protected]. I’m sure Rotora has SS brake lines for the WA60s because I remember seeing it in their Japanese catalogue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks. I asked about SS brake lines at Autozone today and they had nothin for a 2010.

-Secondly, after replacing all four rotors and all pads/clips plus bleeding the system per the manual, my brake pedal seems a bit soft. I just expected a firm pedal with all new brakes. Do new rotors and pads need to be worn in for best performance? Is there a recommended break-in procedure? I only have about 10 miles on the new brakes so far. I used OEM parts since my original set lasted 118K miles.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
It’s likely you’ll need to bleed the brakes several more times. When I installed the Rotora SS brake lines, I bled the system 3-4 times just to get it just about perfect. Remember, brake fluid is hygroscopic so bleeding the brakes say one cycle, doesn’t always remedy a “soft” pedal issue. You’ll want to get out not only old fluid but water that built up in the brake system over time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I read up on bedding new brakes and got that done this morning. The brakes work good, there is just not enough firmness deep in the pedal. I purchased a Motive pressure bleeder so I can push all new fluid through the system. We'll see how that goes.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I’ve had my Motive brake bleeder for a long time; IMO, best DIY bleeder out there. At the calipers, I use a bleeder bottle with a check valve that I picked up from Amazon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Motive bleeder showed up today. I had to do some Dremeling inside the Motive cap (1107) to get it to turn to lock onto the reservoir. The molding lines on the cap locking tabs were pretty rough. I hope to do some bleeding tomorrow. What PSI people use in the bleeder tank?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flushed the system today using the bleeder. That thing works real slick! I ran about 32oz through the system. I used 10psi. All calipers had clean fluid flowing when I was done. Overall the brakes work well, I noticed a slight improvement after the flush. However, the second half of pedal travel is still soft. When stopped I can push the brake pedal to the floor using moderate force. Strangely, the pedal is not that soft while driving. Unfortunately, I do not recall what the pedal was like before replacing rotors and pads.

Also, I received an email from Rotara about SS brake lines. They quoted $180 for front set, $90 for rear, and $19 to ship, $289 total.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts