Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if there is a good enough reason to shell out the extra $200 for a stainless stell Gibson exhaust over the Aluminized version of it?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
masterwong said:
Can someone tell me if there is a good enough reason to shell out the extra $200 for a stainless stell Gibson exhaust over the Aluminized version of it?
You have to consider a couple of things. What are the weather conditions where you live? If you live in a high humidity area like I do you must consider the no rusting you are going to get with the SS. Also are the roads salted in your area? (not likely in California!) What type driving do you do? Stop and go driving and short trips are hard on the exhaust system because it doesn't get hot enough to dry out the water thar forms in the system. How long do you plan on keeping the vehicle? If you are going to keep it less than 2 years the extra price of the SS may not be worth it. How about warranty? The Gibson SS system has a lifetime warranty. You have to add up all these factors and make your choice. I bought the SS Gibson system, and would never consider anything but the SS.

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
I now CARRY the Gibson exhaust. The SS ends up being around $160 more than the aluminized, so for that amount it's probably worth it.

This is a new item for us, so it's not on the website yet. I can still sell them and they are in stock. Please spread the word guys.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Jason B said:
I now CARRY the Gibson exhaust. The SS ends up being around $160 more than the aluminized, so for that amount it's probably worth it.

This is a new item for us, so it's not on the website yet. I can still sell them and they are in stock. Please spread the word guys.
Hay Jason ! How much are they ?

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
I'm doing them on special.

ALUMINIZED: $394

STAINLESS: $562

So the stainless works out to be $160 more. They will both sound 100% the same, but stainless will have lifetime warranty.

Also, BOTH IN STOCK!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Is the SS Gibson just a bolt on, or do you need to go to your local exhuast/welding shop? Is there a stock exhaust on another SUV/truck that sounds somewhat like it, for an "audio test drive"? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Jason B said:
I'm doing them on special.

ALUMINIZED: $394

STAINLESS: $562

So the stainless works out to be $160 more. They will both sound 100% the same, but stainless will have lifetime warranty.

Also, BOTH IN STOCK!
Nice price Jason !

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
what do you mean ALUMINIZED. is it real aluminum or just ALUMINIZED coated? .which one is lighter but i think the ss will last longer. so it does not matter at all in term of performance but longer lasting it's ss.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hey here is somewhere you can read about it.... :)

Info on SS

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
ak47m203 said:
what do you mean ALUMINIZED. is it real aluminum or just ALUMINIZED coated? .which one is lighter but i think the ss will last longer. so it does not matter at all in term of performance but longer lasting it's ss.
Aluminized is mild steel coated with aluminum to retard corrosion. There is no significant difference in weight. No difference in performance.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Stainless vs Aluminized

I agree with everyone here. If you are in a high salt area, live at the beach or in a state that salts heavily in the winter do not even think about aluminized. It will last maybe 7-8 months. If you do not live in this type of environment aluminized will last a long time. As far as Gibson is concerned it is a great system. Sounds great and performs well. Socal Motorsports sells Gibsons at great pricing as well as Banks, MagnaFlow and Borla.

Anyway, go with the Gibson, either Stainless or Aluminized, you can't go wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts