Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone bought those stainless steel pillars that go on side of the windows, if you have whats your opinion or thoughts about it. i want to get them but just wanted to know if anyone has them or are they just a waste of time and money thanks

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I don't like them on the Armada.
Here's why.

I have a black G35 sedan. The trim on the G around the windows on each door is chrome. A chrome pillar on this looks good and blends in. You'd never notice it was done but it would look different in a good way. I may even consider doing this though I try to keep the car conservative looking as I use it for work.

The Armada on the other hand has trim that is the same color as the body. The chrome pillar on a Mada looks artificial and out of place. It jumps out at you and screams look, someone put a chrome sticky on me.

At least that's how it looks to me. ;)

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Don't do it

I'm with 3Black. I don't like the chrome pillars on the Armada at all. Look very out of place. If you just need to put something on the pillars, try the carbon fiber, they would blend much better, but give you something different than everyone else.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
What about the carbon fiber pillar covers? I have them and they're sweet- Burtman's carbon fiber is real deal and looks great in my opinion. Click my cardomain link in my signature to see pics if you like.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
adjmcloon said:
What about the carbon fiber pillar covers? I have them and they're sweet- Burtman's carbon fiber is real deal and looks great in my opinion. Click my cardomain link in my signature to see pics if you like.
Good Idea. Might look more like they belong, especially if you put a CF dash kit on. ;)

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I agree with triple. I dont like the chrome side panels. I think the carbon is ok and is growing on me.

If you have the carbon ones, post up some pics.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
adjmcloon said:
really nice, beautiful work, looking forward to my upgrade

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
More pics on the website of the carbon pillars. Also, stainless pillars have also been added for those that have been asking Some more here on the M45.

Before:

After:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts