Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my 04 Armada has been stalling intermittently. It will stall while driving down the road or waiting at a stop light. It will usually take a couple of tries to get it to start, sometimes it will start right up, and seems to run fine. The dealer has replaced both the fuel pump and crankshaft position sensor (both under warranty) but this hasn't fixed it. When I bought the vehicle new, the dealer had installed an aftermarket security system and I had it removed, but they left the wire harness connected under the dash. The new dealer thought this might be the problem so I removed the harness and all the wires. Still having problems. I called a car security dealer and discussed the problem with them. They said that in no way could a security system shut down an already started car. The systems are only designed to prevent a car from starting. He sounded convincing and I tend to believe him. I've searched other forums and found people with similar issues. The recommendation is to replace the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) or perhaps replace the key because of the security chip. Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,204 Posts
Welcome to Club Armada mcromney! Glad to have you.

The symptoms you described sound more simple than requiring replacing the fuel pump or the crankshaft position sensor.

What you are describing sounds symptomatic of clogged injectors, clogged fuel line(s), fuel filter, or contaminated fuel. Try the cheapest method by using injector cleaner with your next two fill-ups and see what happens. (If you haven't eliminated this possibility already)

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Bad Mass Airflow Sensor?

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
Welcome to the Club guys!!!!

If you still have the OEM battery, it might be time to replace it and I know that some people have had to replace their Spark Plugs around 40k miles even though they're supposed to last for 100k.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
In this case, the battery would not be part of his problem. I would think there is a intermittent break in the ignition circuit somewhere, possibly a loose ground.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've replaced the original battery already. Not sure if this is related, but the battery failed about the same time the stalling appeared. Perhaps I'm more attune now to the car, but is seems to hesitate at times. I notice it most upon quick acceleration and sometimes when I release the gas pedal. Could be just in my head, though.

Where would I get a good wiring diagram of the car?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to update:

I decided to replace the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) and that seems to have fixed it. Over a week now and no stalling. I've also noticed that I get better gas mileage. Is this possible?

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
:goodjob: Yes, it's possible. Some people have also noticed improved MPG's just from adding a Grounding Kit although mine seems to run the same as it did before installing one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to update:

I decided to replace the IPDM (Intelligent Power Distribution Module) and that seems to have fixed it. Over a week now and no stalling. I've also noticed that I get better gas mileage. Is this possible?
I have similar problem. Check with workshop they found nothing wrong based on computer check. Does the IPDM replacement solved it? I was thinking to do the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts