Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2006 Infiniti QX56 and it started messing up, I was having starting issues. I took it to get fixed and they put a new IPDM and Throttle on it, a week later it started back having starting problems again. I let the vehicle sit up for a month or so and i had to jump it off and it started right up, drove it for a week and it wouldn't start after that so for me to get it started and moved they used starter fluid and that worked but when i turned the vehicle off it wouldn't start up again. I have replaced the Relay Assy, Battery, Sensors, Spark Plug's, Fuel Pump and it still want start.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Sounds like whomever your brought the truck to was just another one of those parts changers. Without any DTCs stored in the ecu, the starter would’ve been the first thing to diagnose/replace.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Administrator
6,652 Posts
are you throwing any codes?
did you replace the ground straps?
did you replace the key cylinder?
what about the crankshaft position sensor?
what "sensors" did you replace exactly?
what about the wiring? you may have some damaged wiring that's causing issues. due to the age of the car, you may have some electrical gremlins..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2006 Infiniti QX56 and it began screwing up, I was having beginning issues. I took it to sort out and they put another IPDM and Choke on it, after seven days it began back having beginning issues once more. I let the vehicle sit up for a month or so and I needed to bounce it off and it fired straight up, drove it for a week and it wouldn't begin after that so for me to kick it off and moved they utilized starter liquid and that worked however when I switched the vehicle off it wouldn't fire up once more. I have supplanted the Transfer Assy, Battery, Sensors, Flash Attachment's, Fuel Siphon it actually need start.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
My 2006 Armada will randomly not turn over. just 'Click' and nothing. There is an ignition relay in the fuse box under the hood. When I was having problems, this is what I had to fix. Haven't had an issue since replacing it, but I keep an extra in the glove box just in case. This video outlines where my issue was:

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's exactly what I had to replace starter, sometimes it would start, other times it would just click, not fun to replace it since it's under the intake manifold but it do able with patience and since my intake was out, I had it ported

1 - 8 of 8 Posts