Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Nissan Armada Platinum. I bought it used about a year ago. It has about 108,000 miles on it. When I first got it, I noticed an issue with the steering wheel vibrating mostly at high speeds (70+). I've done the following to it and the issue still exists:

• Balance Tires
  • Alignment
  • Replace front inner tie rods
  • Replace front rotors and pads
  • Replace rear rotors and pads
  • Replace front struts
  • Replace rear air shocks (got aligned again after replacing struts and shocks)
  • Replace sway bar bushings
  • Don't see any cracks in sway bar
  • Don't see any issues in sway bar connections

This is where I'm at. Like I said, at 70+ is where the steering wheel vibrates/jiggles the most. Also, there's one spot on a highway I travel every day when I go over it, the vehicle seems hard to keep control of because front end sways when it hits this spot. I don't even notice the spot is there when I'm in a different car. Help?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Ack - sounds scary and should be taken seriously. Have you jacked the front up to see if there is any play on either side? Could be control arm bushings, could be ball joints on control arms, outer tie rods, or even bad tires. If you rotate the rear wheels to the front, does it change? Does your steering wheel have any play in it when at low speeds 25 mph? I just went through a similar issue and I replaced both sides inner and outer tie rods. My steering is now tight, no play, and minimal vibration (I have crappy tires from a leveling kit lift and bad alignment). I'd be on the lookout for a failed ball joint or bushing on the lower or upper control arms or outer tie rod ends.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts