Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone developed a prob with the metallic gray paint/coating around the steering wheel's volume, cruise, etc. knobs? I noticed mine started to rub/scratch off in my '04 a few months ago leaving unsightly black patches around the buttons. Now it seems like a good sneeze will remove more of the paint. My dealer said it was NORMAL wear & tear. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Anyone developed a prob with the metallic gray paint/coating around the steering wheel's volume, cruise, etc. knobs? I noticed mine started to rub/scratch off in my '04 a few months ago leaving unsightly black patches around the buttons. Now it seems like a good sneeze will remove more of the paint. My dealer said it was NORMAL wear & tear. Anyone?
My Inifinit has the same button setup as the armada with the same paint, etc. After 38K, no wear and I use them continuously. :cool:

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I don't have wear around my steering wheel buttons as I have a dash kit and they're aluminum now, but I have some chips around my a/c knobs.

I just figure it's another trade off (along with the rattles) for the great engine/tranny. Maybe with the '06 models Nissan will start focusing more on the interior materials. I know they did a complete redesign of the Altima interior after many complaints.

My Tahoe's interior (although a little dated) had much better materials and held up very well. The engine/tranny weren't nearly as good as the Nissan though. Reckon it's all about trade-offs.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I have the same problem around the steering wheel stereo and cruise controls. Finish has flaked. Not sure what to do about it, if anything.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I had the same problem with the volume controls (left side) on my steering wheel - dealer replaced it under warranty.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
The dealer ( Douglas Nissan, Huntington Beach, CA) replaced my volume controls area because of the flaking, all under warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
It could be that my '05 has a different finish than the '04 as I see no wear and know they updated the interior plastics. ;)

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Mine chipped and I had it replaced a month ago thru the dealership. Had my mada since 03/11. Bout to get my rattling side mirrors fixed as well when the parts come in

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I know...I know.... reviving an old thread :)D) , but wondered if anyone had found a source for the stereo control plate that wasn't $108... :eek:

Mine was replaced (no charge) a couple years ago when it was in for some other work, but after a call to the same dealer they tell me I have to order not just both sides (for the cruise too), but the whole wad including the electronics/controls...

No way I'm paying $100 for a piece of nicer plastic...I'm tempted to strip the rest off and sand/spray it Krylon black...

Other options? Anyone? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
armadadd said:
mines started to discolored as well Looking foward to see someone with any ideas...
I can hardly read the lettering on mines was thinkin of just to repaint them or wait until I upgrade to a wood dash kit...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts