Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018, SV, 4x4. 59k miles.

Had a strange thing happen today. Went to start the vehicle, same as always. It cranked and 1/2 started. You could tell it was only running on a few cylinders, dash wouldn't fully illuminate. I hit the ignition button again to stop it, it continues to run on limited cylinders for a few more seconds, then shut off. I waited a minute, hit the start button again, and it fired up like normal. Drove it around all day today, start and stop multiple more times, issue never reoccoured.

Anyone ever had anything similar or have any insight?

No codes.
No lights.
Nothing stored.
Nothing else out of the ordinary.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
perfect storm of not everything hitting the timing as it should. ive seen this mentioned once before for a newer model car and its most likely a rare, one time glitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2018, SV, 4x4. 59k miles.

Had a strange thing happen today. Went to start the vehicle, same as always. It cranked and 1/2 started. You could tell it was only running on a few cylinders, dash wouldn't fully illuminate. I hit the ignition button again to stop it, it continues to run on limited cylinders for a few more seconds, then shut off. I waited a minute, hit the start button again, and it fired up like normal. Drove it around all day today, start and stop multiple more times, issue never reoccoured.

Anyone ever had anything similar or have any insight?

No codes.
No lights.
Nothing stored.
Nothing else out of the ordinary.
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Mine just had this exact issue today.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. And it hasn't happened again. Only the 1 time.

It was wierd. But never occurred again. If/when it does it will be going to the dealer. But with no codes or lights at all, I read it with my code reader as well, I'm not sure what the dealer can do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017, Platinum, 4x4, 53k miles.

@OBXPatrol I started it up at home with no issues. Drove about 20mins, turned it off and went to the store for about 10mins. I came back did everything the same as always to start it. It did exactly as you described in your first post to the dot. It cranked, half start, was vibrating and felt like it started on limp mode. Weird thing is you're the only other person I could find that has posted about this. Hopefully just like yours it was a one time issue.

@CanyonQX80 That's a good question. I did notice that my voltage gauge needle was a little lower than usual but nothing that should've caused issues. I'll check it and see what it's at now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was exactly when mine did it. I had a very short trip to my in-laws. Was only there for about 5 minutes, shouldn't have even shutoff the truck. It could have been voltage related from 2 close starts with no recharge time. It was also crazy hot outside.

But I think I've done similar since and never had an issue again. It's strange that it's so rare though.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If your battery has a cell on it's way out you may be down on cranking amps. What is the voltage before you crank. Mine was 12.3 and some days with short trips it wasnt enough. Did the wire mod and it's up to 12.9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts