Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else experience rather strong vibration/shaking while the Armada is in park and engine idle.

My wife especially feels it while she's in the back seat. I was wondering if this was just common in all Armada's or it's just mine.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
It's not common. In my Armada it's hard to tell the engine is running when sitting at idle. Have your dealer check it out. You may have metal to metal contact somewhere in the exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
lol, i caught myself rolling my window down yesterday to see if my truck was still on or not... You might wanna get it checked out. Unless it's cold (making the exhaust pretty loud), I can't tell if mine is on.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Check this out, I had a full load of people in my Mada' and I drove up to a hotel to drop them off in the front under an overhang as it was raining outside. I put it in "Park" and had my foot resting on the gas. I reached over for something on the back floor behind me and didn't realize I was pressing on the gas till someone opened the door and my wife asked why am I revving the engine so high. I got up and looked around and people were looking as I have Dynomax muffler which is the quietest performance muffler I could find that would not cause any drone in the cabin but it has a mild rumble to people outside. Just thought I'd share that. Anyway.... what I'm saying is that I can't hear the negine from the inside with the doors closed and not even a vibration unless I rev it and feel the engine torque sway the whole vehicle.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise and feedback. I'm taking in this Sat. so service can take a look at it. If they tell me the usual "it's suppose to feel like that"..I'll have an earful to give them.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Bump....

Did you have any luck with the engine vibration?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
NewbieDrew said:
Bump....

Did you have any luck with the engine vibration?
Don't think you will get a reply. He hasn't been here in two years.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Thought I would try and give it a shot. Here is the problem I am having:

Have a similar issue but the vibration is at 45-55 mph only when the engine is under a load / gas pedal being used. More of a "hummm" type noise. If I let off the gas pedal, or floor it, then the vibration goes away, so it is related to the engine most likely. Also, the steering wheel vibrates at idle a little. Checked codes - none. Engine has full power. Going to check for loose bolts Sunday (other posts here have loose skid plates). Has not been the same since we were rear ended or after our off road Colorado trip. Put the car in drive and brakes then gave it gas trying to see if engine mount was bad but no movement under the hood. Yes, I stood to the side.

Any ideas appreciated. I would love to have the smoothness back.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
A shot in the dark but what about the exhaust coming from the engine?? The steering wheel vibration seems odd if it's not a motor mount but the rest sounds like it might be worth checking the exhaust components. I'm also curious about our Cats. Anyone know if there's components inside our cats that could break up and loosen??? Also, what about the muffler, could there have been something come loose inside it???

I just know that a V6 with no exhaust can shake an entire car like crazy so I'm just thinking that maybe an exhaust adnormality on a V8 might have a similar but lesser affect.

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
On my '04 with about 65,000 miles when I am in drive and stopped the truck has a slight vibration but when I put it into park it goes away. Its almost like the engine is idling to low. It didn't do this when I got it back in '04. Is this just because it is a little older? Motor mount? Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Checked all of the mounts and they look fine, no movement. The exhaust is ok too as far as I can tell.

The wierd thing on our vibration from the engine is the fact that you can feel it in the front wheels when parked. Maybe it is time for plugs and injector cleaning. Or something is not good in the front axle / driveline. Just hit 52k.

Was not brave enough yet to crawl under the body and put the screwdriver to the components and listen to the end of the screwdriver with the ear.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
NewbieDrew said:
....Was not brave enough yet to crawl under the body and put the screwdriver to the components and listen to the end of the screwdriver with the ear.
Just remember to have the parking brake on too maybe chock the wheels and you can crawl under at the driver's door and ease your way back up to the front. For me, I would have the parking brake on, wheels chocked, and key fob in my pocket with the doors locked because I can guarantee that the second I'm under there, wifey would need to go to the store real quick and take my car because it's already running whether I'm under there or not. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Floor Vibration - Posted separately earlier today

(I posted this earlier today, and the follow up). Just found this string: My wife and I are in the market, love the Armada. Once concern we have is that we have test driven THREE Armada and one QX56, all of them have this rather harsh vibration in the floor when the fan motor (for heat or air is on). Have any of you experienced this? It is felt at idle or at a stop light in the floor. Vibration is harsh enough that it actually makes on a little nautious. I can't imagine this was allowed to pass through design and development but it has recurred in each of the models we have test driven. HELP.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,201 Posts
lpro said:
(I posted this earlier today, and the follow up). Just found this string: My wife and I are in the market, love the Armada. Once concern we have is that we have test driven THREE Armada and one QX56, all of them have this rather harsh vibration in the floor when the fan motor (for heat or air is on). Have any of you experienced this? It is felt at idle or at a stop light in the floor. Vibration is harsh enough that it actually makes on a little nautious. I can't imagine this was allowed to pass through design and development but it has recurred in each of the models we have test driven. HELP.
Yeah, I replied to your other post, but there are some other possible vibration possibilities like skid plates and such. But I still haven't seen anything about the HVAC fan vibration.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I noticed with my wifes new 05 that a lil compressor under the rear of the vehicle on the drivers side vibrates on the rubber snubbers its mounted on, Im not sure if its something for the suspension as ours does it for about a minute after its started, if the snubbers were a lil tighter you cant feel it, however when you walk around the rear of the vehicle you can hear the faint sound of the compressor, now remember im a noob so this could all be wrong:D.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
The fan on full blast is noisy but never seems to bother us because the heat and air work fairly well so it is never kept on high or full blast.

Our 05 has a vibration most likely due to a rear-end accident and is probably due to a motor mount or similar. Still have to figure it out with a crowbar keeping in mind Bob's thoughts when crawling under the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Severe Virbation @1500 RPMS

At between 1,300 and 1,600 rpms am experiencing severe virbations of engine or entire vehicle. Vibration goes away when below or above the above rpms:(. Strange problem and it can be felt in park with a/c on or off. Virbation is SEVERE. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. This is a 2009 V8 2 wheel drive LE with only 2,000 miles on it. Am going to the dealer Monday or Tuesday, and would like to be prepared...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts