Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 armada engine light started flashing scaned it a oriellys and have a po 300 multiple misfire. Ok I'll change plugs. Did no change drove on down road no check engine light about 30 min down road noticed lack of fast exclamation eas into it ok then after stopping for apx3 hours got back in car and then wouldn't do over 60mph popping jurking and backfire thinking bad gat and mabe even fuel pump changed fuel pump and looked at gas gas looked good still not running can't pull hills and can't go over 40mph idle about 600 with ac off and with it on. Please help 馃檹

Registered
Maryland, USA
try cleaning you MAF sensor. It sits just beyond the air filter. Remove the wire harness and the two screws holding it in the intake tube and gently pull it out. Use CRC MAF cleaner (not brake or carb cleaner), make sure you get inside where the wire is. If that doesn't work you may also have a faulty ignition coil(s). The bad ones usually have visible cracks in the plastic body where current arcs out. Good Luck!

Registered
I had to jump mine for the second time in a week this morning, just to get gas and beer.. beginning to think the battery might be junk or i'll look at disconnecting the additional wire that others have posted about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well with more research on it found the cat on bank 2 clogged and manifold cracked welded up Crack and roded out cat changed #8 plug and coil running better but still have 8 misfire and multiple misfire sounds like a valve popping and is smoking with puffs and I think still running rich. Don't know if burnt valve or is it carbon any ideas? Where to go next?

Registered
Maryland, USA
If the valve is on the bad catylitic affected side it may be damaged due to the restriced exhaust flow, yes could be burned from not being able to seat. If one catylist side is bad I would suspect the other may be as well or its on the way there... Running rich could be and sounds like the source of the problems and can cause the catylist to clog up. Any chance you have a disconnected vacuum tube? Did you ever clean the MAF? How do the spark plugs look? Either way, running rich is not good for alot of reasons but catastrophically it can dilute your motor oil and prematurely wear the cylinder walls due to lack of lubrication and the problems associated with that can/ likelywill require a rebuild of the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts