Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had issues trying to get the rear bolts off from the wheel bearing hub from the rear? I removed the axle and I’m still having issues getting it off.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I used a cordless 1/2 impact gun, and blasted them out.

Although the trick really is soaking as many nuts/bolts in penetrating fluid for a few days in a row before you start working on all this stuff.

As you progress through replacing more parts, you'll probably end up buying a small MAP gas torch, a sawzall, an angle grinder, and an impact gun. Because time = $$$, and ain't nobody got time to apply 150lb./ft. of torque to a breaker bar or ratchet to EVERY. SINGLE. turn of every rusted bolt under their Armada.

Just wait until you decide to replace the control arms.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used my Milwaukee fuel 1/2" impact wrench but it's just the rust got to it.. I used about all my PB blaster I didn't have my torch but I will use it for the other stuff but glad I finally got it off.. I think the front bearing is going soon.. I know the feeling I had in my Subaru Legacy GT nudging the wheel to one side causes vibration in the wheel.

I have to replace most of my Milwaukee cordless tools (long story) but yeah on my Subaru I had to cut some bolts off just to fix the camber and alignment bolts. I see it's going to be the same I can see the alignment disc is so rusted I'm already trying to get the part numbers so I can have that stuff at the ready.
I'm thinking about replacing the rear spring perches.. The funny thing is I had all those tools (angle grinder and sawzall) gotta start over again :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts