Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just connected my new amp up and used the sub amp turn on lead because the one on the PAC loc didn't work (just like everyone else). Unfortunately, it's only 6 volts, so my amp won't turn on. I have a 2006 LE 4x4 fully loaded. Anything else I can tap into? I tested the amp by temporarily tapping into the fuse box and that worked.

-tom :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I didn't see any connection that looks like it would work when looking at the wiring diagram. You could use a relay with a 5-6 volt coil connected to the sub turn on wire. Have the relay contacts connect to the sub power and the new amp turn on.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D Just started the truck up and now the amp turns on. Seems in mine, just having the key turned to get the radio on doesn't have enough volts to turn my amp on, looks like only 6.5 Volts. Wierd. Oh well. It works now, just have to have the truck running to get me the 12 volts.

thanks,
tom

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
cheezmo1 said:
:D Just started the truck up and now the amp turns on. Seems in mine, just having the key turned to get the radio on doesn't have enough volts to turn my amp on, looks like only 6.5 Volts. Wierd. Oh well. It works now, just have to have the truck running to get me the 12 volts.

thanks,
tom
Why not use the acc wire under the dash (comming off key cylinder?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.