Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone custom fitted their subs into the floor of their trunk. I's trying to find out if there is enough space before cutting into it. Every shop I ask says yea with out even looking to make sure. I rather hear it and see it from someone thats done it before. And what size subs did you use? Thanks...

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Has anyone custom fitted their subs into the floor of their trunk. I's trying to find out if there is enough space before cutting into it. Every shop I ask says yea with out even looking to make sure. I rather hear it and see it from someone thats done it before. And what size subs did you use? Thanks...
Not enough depth. You could remove the lid and build a box that fits into the indentation, minimizing the size. Most people use the area for their amps however and put the sub in the location that JL uses for theirs, in the driver's side rear cargo area where the Jack is. ;)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
92TripleBlack said:
Not enough depth. You could remove the lid and build a box that fits into the indentation, minimizing the size. Most people use the area for their amps however and put the sub in the location that JL uses for theirs, in the driver's side rear cargo area where the Jack is. ;)
Will that still sound good? Im trying to accomplish good deep sound no distortion of course and still retain the use of my trunk. The only reason I have that box is my friend that used to work at Tweeter wanted to make something for the armada and used mine to prototype one.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey TB I was on the JL website and it says that the stealth box which Im asuming your talking about doesnt fit with the power liftgate. Was there another box you were talking about or was that the one?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know of another one that will work with the power liftgate, it doesnt have to be located in the same position. Givin that might be the only place unless you really want to cut into the floor and make something else which I doubt Ill do or anyone else will want to do. So far JL is the only one that ive seen that makes something, I checked qlogic also and they dont either.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Does anyone know of another one that will work with the power liftgate, it doesnt have to be located in the same position. Givin that might be the only place unless you really want to cut into the floor and make something else which I doubt Ill do or anyone else will want to do. So far JL is the only one that ive seen that makes something, I checked qlogic also and they dont either.
I've been looking at this myself. The space is pretty good, even with the lift actuator. You could make your own box with the woofer intruding more into the cabin than the JL. JL is also contemplating a woofer for the center console between second row captains chairs. Doesn't help people like me with a bench. I'll make a cusom enclosure one of these days. ;)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they made the box that fits between the captains chairs that would defeat the purpose of having the ability to remove the center console. Someone needs to make something maybe that would fit under the rear seats, which again without cutting probably wont work. I just miss having a trunk back there...

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
?

From the looks of this one, it looks like it has the power liftgate. The second pic, not for sure...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ksolo83071 said:
From the looks of this one, it looks like it has the power liftgate. The second pic, not for sure...
Where did you find these pictures, those set up's look good.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My concern about the amps in the storage is that it will get hot in there due to no air circulation

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Where did you find these pictures, those set up's look good.
i got them off of this site awhile back... i want to put in a sub like the first pic

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ksolo83071 said:
i got them off of this site awhile back... i want to put in a sub like the first pic
I want to put a sub there also but the JL kit is the only kit I found well TB found, and it doesnt work with the power liftgate which I have so I need to find something that works with the power lift gate

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
ksolo83071 said:
The second picture is the JL Audio StealthBox - which means it does not have the power liftgate. I don't have one of those (too expensive), but I do have my amp (Total Moblie Audio (owned by JL) 340x1) in the same location. It doesn't even get warm. I've seen some people add some cooling fans for air circulation. I'll be trying to post pics of my setup this weekend.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
My amp is in the trey, and like llajumpvid I just mounted some fans in there. No problems, even in the Texas heat during the summer.

I'd love a more stealthy box myself, but my downfire with the 2 12's does sound killer. It's not bad as it's low and I can stack on it. The cable is long enough to slide back and forth if I need the 3rd row seat too.

I'd love to see some custom work, but I don't want to be the first guy to cut a hole in the cab! :D

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ksolo83071 said:
From the looks of this one, it looks like it has the power liftgate. The second pic, not for sure...[/QUOTE

What brand is in the first picture

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
brysig228 said:
didn't wanna start a new thread bout sub so here's my question. let say you're installing a sub would you go with 2 10"s or 1 12" subs and why?

Umm, I'd say start a new thread, u may get more responses. But...I'd personally do the 2 10's just because there's more surface area. The difference in low bass between the two would probably be minimal as long as u went with quality subs, and the output would be greater with the 2 10's. Also, you could probably feed the 10's more power, and be louder. If space is an issue though, the 12 would likely require a smaller box. Furthermore, if u have the space for 2 10's, why not 2 12's? :D

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
kowboy said:
Umm, I'd say start a new thread, u may get more responses. But...I'd personally do the 2 10's just because there's more surface area. The difference in low bass between the two would probably be minimal as long as u went with quality subs, and the output would be greater with the 2 10's. Also, you could probably feed the 10's more power, and be louder. If space is an issue though, the 12 would likely require a smaller box. Furthermore, if u have the space for 2 10's, why not 2 12's? :D
thanks for the response.. i went with 10s reason being i already have the box for it and didn't wanna spend an extra $$ where i can spend it with my next mod :D . i bought nw10e Niche audio.. man this subs rocks. clean bass with no distortion what so ever. now my other question is is it better to have ported box or sealed box.. i have them on sealed box right now and i'm happy with the bass they put our.. like what i said clean deep bass. thanks again.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Still need ideas...

I am still looking for ideas on how I can still keep my trunk area and still have a good sounding sub in my trunk. I also have the power lift gate I know this brings up another issue with the box being in the car jack area. So if anyone has an Idea please shoot it across... Thanks...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.