Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
487 Posts
kowboy said:
Umm, I'd say start a new thread, u may get more responses. But...I'd personally do the 2 10's just because there's more surface area. The difference in low bass between the two would probably be minimal as long as u went with quality subs, and the output would be greater with the 2 10's. Also, you could probably feed the 10's more power, and be louder. If space is an issue though, the 12 would likely require a smaller box. Furthermore, if u have the space for 2 10's, why not 2 12's? :D
thanks for the response.. i went with 10s reason being i already have the box for it and didn't wanna spend an extra $$ where i can spend it with my next mod :D . i bought nw10e Niche audio.. man this subs rocks. clean bass with no distortion what so ever. now my other question is is it better to have ported box or sealed box.. i have them on sealed box right now and i'm happy with the bass they put our.. like what i said clean deep bass. thanks again.

· Premium Member
487 Posts
Armada_24s said:
I am still looking for ideas on how I can still keep my trunk area and still have a good sounding sub in my trunk. I also have the power lift gate I know this brings up another issue with the box being in the car jack area. So if anyone has an Idea please shoot it across... Thanks...
i say one 12 with a sealed box..

· Premium Member
487 Posts
kowboy said:
I've heard many others say that sealed sounds better, but ported will be a bit louder. Ported will require a substantially larger box, but you'd probably be surprised at the difference in output. I personally can't tell the difference in sound QUALITY between the two, but ported definitely goes louder. As for which one will be deeper, considering both boxes are made to exact specs(more critical for ported), it's a toss-up. Last but not least, ported boxes require LESS power to sound great. What amp are u using?

i'm using a kenwood 7202 bridge to 460w to run 2 10s niche audio on a sealed box. i know ported is should be more louder but after hearing them on a sealed box i notice the bass is much cleaner and tighter. it's not as loud as i wanted to but i'm happy with it.. but now i'm having second thoughts on them.. i was thinking of returning the 2 10s and getting me 1 12s and put it in a ported box. what do you guys think? good or bad?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.