Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Has anyone custom fitted their subs into the floor of their trunk. I's trying to find out if there is enough space before cutting into it. Every shop I ask says yea with out even looking to make sure. I rather hear it and see it from someone thats done it before. And what size subs did you use? Thanks...
Not enough depth. You could remove the lid and build a box that fits into the indentation, minimizing the size. Most people use the area for their amps however and put the sub in the location that JL uses for theirs, in the driver's side rear cargo area where the Jack is. ;)

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Armada_24s said:
Does anyone know of another one that will work with the power liftgate, it doesnt have to be located in the same position. Givin that might be the only place unless you really want to cut into the floor and make something else which I doubt Ill do or anyone else will want to do. So far JL is the only one that ive seen that makes something, I checked qlogic also and they dont either.
I've been looking at this myself. The space is pretty good, even with the lift actuator. You could make your own box with the woofer intruding more into the cabin than the JL. JL is also contemplating a woofer for the center console between second row captains chairs. Doesn't help people like me with a bench. I'll make a cusom enclosure one of these days. ;)

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
First, JL just came out with a new sub box that goes between the second row captains chairs and replaces the center console. Now they have a box for every armada except LE with bench and QX with bench.

Second Ported, vs. bandpass. sealed.

Sealed gives you the tightest bass. It isn't flappy. Takes more power and is less loud. Harder to make very low notes like T-rex walking.

Ported has more sound and takes less power. The port will amplify a specific small band of bass depending on the port. It is more flappy and not as tight sounding.

Bandpass is a blend of the two. It is good for deep bass but takes up a huge amount of space to make one as it has two chambers instead of one.

Personally, I prefer sealed. A good quality sealed box with a smaller high quality sub is far better than a larger ported box with a large cheap sub. Quality counts. JL W3, W6, and W7 are good subs to use. W1 and W0 are too cheap to have any quality, as are many subs out there. The Image Dynamics IDMax is also a great sub as is the Kicker L7. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.