Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, have a question about the Armada and towing versus a suburban. Currently have ave a 2019 suburban with the fastway e2 pulling my 29ft Forrest river wildwood. Getting a 2021 Armada this week because of the towing capability over the suburban. What adjustments do you think I will need to make on the wd hitch coming from the suburban to the armada. What does the auto leveling do to this setup? Do I need to compensate for the auto leveling on the wd hitch?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The auto leveling does have an effect on the WDH setup. It took me a little while to be happy with my setup. The easiest way to explain it is that you need to take your measurements after the system has aired itself back up to the static height. If you setup the WDH so that it has tension on the bars before the rear suspension has leveled out, you will find that the tension on the bars is then reduced. You will need to add additional tension to the bars, so that the bars are doing a little more work than the air level system. Essentially the bars will be doing more of the work to return the Armada back to static height than the air suspension is.

Regardless, you'll basically want to start from scratch with the Armada. Set the trailer level, set the ball height on the Armada, then dial in your bar tension. I have an Equal-I-Zer WDH and setup looks very similar to your Fastway.

The air suspension only ever returns the Armada to it's specified height, if that makes sense. Also keep in mind that you can adjust the static height of the Armada by adjusting the tie-rod on the auto leveling height sensor.

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
29 Posts
The air suspension only ever returns the Armada to it's specified height, if that makes sense. Also keep in mind that you can adjust the static height of the Armada by adjusting the tie-rod on the auto leveling height sensor.
Thanks for that explanation OBXPatrol. Where is that tie-rod at? Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for that explanation OBXPatrol. Where is that tie-rod at? Thanks
Driver's side near the control arm, backside of the control arm facing the rear of the vehicle. It's a small tirerod, maybe 4" total length. Connects from the control arm to the height sensor. Pop it off, adjust, pop back on, takes about 5 minutes working slow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driver's side near the control arm, backside of the control arm facing the rear of the vehicle. It's a small tirerod, maybe 4" total length. Connects from the control arm to the height sensor. Pop it off, adjust, pop back on, takes about 5 minutes working slow.
I had it adjusted at a local hitch shop. Towed it today like a champ. I will grab a shot of the rig over the weekend.

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
29 Posts
Thanks, that worked nicely!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts