Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a horizontal billet grille with tight spacing that doesn't "whistle"? I love the look of the cheap one on E-bay, but have been scared off it due to "whistling" reports. I'm willing to pay the normal premium on this item, but would like to hear if the E&G classic, Burtman Industries, or the expensive one off E-bay have any "musical" qualities. Thanks.

Chris

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
HEY BLACKRAIN-
I my husband and I (well really my husband, I watched) just installed the E&G grille, it took a 1/2 hour. I love it and it looks great. I have been driving on the Long Island Expressway...doing 80 (sometimes,ssshhhhh, don't tell) and there is NO whistling. I think the closer the "slats" (is that what they are called?) anyway, the closer they are I think that's when you will have a whistle. But, NO WHISTLING from the E&G Grille. GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I got the cheap one off ebay and have been driving around with it for about a month and haven't noticed any whistling with the windows down. But then again, I wasn't trying to listen to it before since this is the first time I've heard about the whistling problem. I'll keep an ear out and let you know if I hear anything.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all

Thanks all. I think I'm going to go with the T-Rex Horizontal Grill, now to find the best price!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
The T-Rex is pretty sharp looking....GOOD LUCK.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
My grill whistles only at highway speeds. You have to listen for it to actually hear it. Doesn't bother me at all. Just pump up the volume and dance in your seat and see how other people react when they see you. I enjoy doing that when I feel like acting goofy. Sorry bout' that. I kinda switched gears on the subject. I don't know if I have T-Rex grill. I asked my dealer to throw that grill on that I saw on the showroom Mada' to seal the deal.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
cheapo

I got the cheapo from ebay work flawless, I never had overheateing whistling or anything abnormal I like it, but I am thinking to change to a black one instead of the stainless. hmmm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts