Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
1,256 Posts
I did exactly what you are doing except I did a 5.6" swivel up and down right on top of the center dash where the junk holder is.
All I did was tap into VTR +/- with some 22 gauge wire, solder to an RCA jack.
Then plug into new LCD monitor. IT works okay. The OEM roof monitor got a little dimmer. You can get an amplifier from Monster Cable or there are a few others out there that will help keep both monitors the original brightness.

I just needed to see what the kids were looking at in the backseat. I have a tv tuner and I need to help them switch channels.

Where did you get the visor display from? I'll probably change mine to the visor as well.

· Premium Member
1,256 Posts
armadapimp said:
Just wanted to let yall know that I put the new sun visor screen in the armada today and hooked up a Fahrenhiet Video Amplifier and everything is great. Perfect picture, sound everything. Thanks for your help!
What brand and model Sun Visor display did you get. Also model # of Farenheit Video Amp?

Is the visor display a clip on. Does it fit okay? It seems like it would be kind of heavy and the visor would keep dropping down. ???

· Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Okay, I'll be honest here. I'm a little embarrassed. I bought a 5.6" LCD that included a swivel mount that had really sticky two sided tape on it. I removed the rubber mat and stuck it there(directly right on the dash plastic). The next day, I guess the sun heated up the top the dashboard up and as I accelerated, the whole display fell off and dropped right on the gear shift lever and the whole lcd got cracked and totalled. That's why I was asking about the sun visor LCD unit.

It cost me $70 on eBay. Oh well. Maybe I should have screwed it down. It actually was a good spot to put it because I could see what was on without turning my head too much. It's kind of where the Factory NAV would be but a few inches higher.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.