Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
A sunroof is a nice to have feature. Crack it open and open the rear vent windows and you will have good circulation without alot of wind coming in through the open windows.

If the cost is not going to make or break you I have always decided to spend the extra money rather than kicking myself in the butt later on for not getting an accessory (like a sunroof) at the time of purchase. OEM is almost always better then an add-on later on (I know someone will argue against this point).

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Mary said:
I'm trying to decide on this. What was/is your opinion?
If you buy an '05 with a Sunroof make sure they put the DVD support bracket into the vehicle....even if you don't plan on putting one in right away. If latter you put one in they will burn you. When the finance guy comes back and says, "What do we have to do to earn your business?......"

I have to put the bracket in myself since I had no idea about the problem Nissan had with the DVD system in sunroof modeled vehicles, until I had it installed, and noticed it vibrate at speed. :comp26:

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
sunroof

YES YES YES...no question

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Yes

If you can afford it, yes!!!!!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Definitely Yes

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
I like it. I don't use the overhead storage for anything. It is quiet compared to a lot of others and it is good for resale so you won't loose out. Especially good if you have the LE because you can open the far rear windows and let the air slowly pass through while at speed. ;)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
NO,

It weakens the roof and adds weight to the top of the vehicle also a waste of time when you have A/C. If you open the windows or roof with the A/C on all you are doing is trying to cool down your state. This is a practical view, for resale I assume that the USA is like the UK and that a sun roof is a must have option.

My LE here in Saudi comes with it and I don't use it at all. If I open the shade the sun burns you throught the glass (there is also some wind noise with the shade open) and if I open the roof the noise drives me mad. The switches aren't iluminated (why?) but the power rear window switch is? I would have rather had the Nav, back up camera and tow package myself but it not an option here.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
yes and get a deflector for it or you won't be able to enjoy it over 30mph. You might look into an aftermarket. For less than the factory cost you can get one with more bells and whistles...e.g. closes when it senses rain.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Tmation said:
NO,

It weakens the roof and adds weight to the top of the vehicle also a waste of time when you have A/C. If you open the windows or roof with the A/C on all you are doing is trying to cool down your state. This is a practical view, for resale I assume that the USA is like the UK and that a sun roof is a must have option.

My LE here in Saudi comes with it and I don't use it at all. If I open the shade the sun burns you throught the glass (there is also some wind noise with the shade open) and if I open the roof the noise drives me mad. The switches aren't iluminated (why?) but the power rear window switch is? I would have rather had the Nav, back up camera and tow package myself but it not an option here.
Well, that is Saudi. I keep the blind open always on all my vehicles. May as well remove it. Doesn't bother me at all in FL. Now that the air temp is cool enough to open the windows and turn off the AC, I use it. I don't use it on the highway that much, more around town. I'm surprised your LE doesn't have the tow pkg standard. Do you have the trans temp gauge and a hitch? If you do, you have the tow package. ;)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
I'm surprised your LE doesn't have the tow pkg standard. Do you have the trans temp gauge and a hitch? If you do, you have the tow package. ;)
Nope, no hitch or trans temp gauge. We get four models here 4X2 and 4X4 SE, which have cloth, no roof, no reverse sensors, manual vent windows, manual seats and no tow package. 4X2 and 4X4 LE which have leather, sun roof, power rear vent windows, reverse sensors and power/heated front seats with two memories for drivers side only. There are no off road package or tow package available here :( .

Also the suposed 06 models they have in the dealer here are sans power fold mirrors and backup camera (and Bose sound system) even though they are mentioned on the Nissan Middle East web site. And again no off road or tow package.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
"squeaked and leaked"

Only car that I ever had a sunroof in was fun at first but it "squeaked and leaked" after it was 10 tears old, I swore I would never have another one. The nice thing about a solid roof is there aren't any rubber seals in it to get cooked crispy by the sun and is maintenance free. One of the reasons I got an LE was In order to get the 2nd row captains in the SE you had to also take the sunroof. Also the standard memory seats, tow pkg and leather sealed the deal.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
like llavump said maybe take a look aftermarket, cheaper, and you dont have to get it on a package. now what was that about getting the sunroof pkg on an SE to get the cap. chair? :confused: if that is the case for the 06 model forget it, im going to go aftermarket :cool:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
inf3rno said:
like llavump said maybe take a look aftermarket, cheaper, and you dont have to get it on a package. now what was that about getting the sunroof pkg on an SE to get the cap. chair? :confused: if that is the case for the 06 model forget it, im going to go aftermarket :cool:

In 04 you had to, the captain's were only available in the SE as part of the "Journey pkg" which included the "Sunroof pkg". This also prevented me from getting the "Technology pkg" which also came with the stupid sunroof. Don't know about 06.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Cillyone said:
In 04 you had to, the captain's were only available in the SE as part of the "Journey pkg" which included the "Sunroof pkg". This also prevented me from getting the "Technology pkg" which also came with the stupid sunroof. Don't know about 06.
oh.. you were talking about the 04, didnt know that. btw if any of you guys checked today washington post go to the "Q" section number 8. go to bottom left, you will find dealer victory nissan of gaithersburg selling an armada 2006 for $25 plus. i was like what?!? i went to check the website but did not find anything like that, and if you look carefully all nissan's line-up are well below msrp, i would even say below invoice. all this is in VA so if anyone here from VA and read the washington post please tell me what you think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.