Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experenced the front driver and passenger windows being down when returning to your Armada? The other day my wife and I stoped by my parents house. We were going to be a while so I put up the driver side window (the passenger side had been up). A few hours later, my wife and I returned and found both front diver and passenger windows all the way down. (What if this window issue happened on the street someplace?) We also found a cat taking a nap in the back. As we were geting in the car we startled the cat. It jumped in the front seat and jumped out the window. This #@&*!$ cat cut my driver side leather seat. Now I get so Frigg'n mad everytime I see or even think about the my seat. :mad:

Has any one else had issues with this supernatural widow problem? What does a front leather driver seat cost (unheated)?

Frigg'n cat! :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
All I can think of is did you sit on the remote or something? I think our windows roll down if the hold the unlock button down.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I've had the key fob in my pocket and apparantly somehow held the button down. Best guess is maybe your's was just the right way to hold the buttons down causing the remote window function to activate.

I hate cats. :)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Keyfob Crusher!!!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
It happened to me - I thought I was nuts

This happened to me as well.
I thought I just the remote wrong but could duplicate it again. It was weird - it happened in front of me. I have only had the car about 3 weeks so I am not an expert on how everything works but I didn't know you could open the windows by pressing on the remote. The car was still locked but the windows were down.

You make a good point if this is a queerk that happens once and awhile and it happens in a parking lot - like the airport!!!
RA

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
You have to be a bit careful with the key fob. I have come back and to unlock all doors you have to the unlock button longer or twice within a certain time (it's in the manual :) ) but if you keep pressing the front windows roll down. So if you are walking up from behind, and you are pressing the unlock too long you come around the side and think for a second that you left the windows rolled down. (at least that's my story and I'm stickin to it!)

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Read your owner's manual. This has been a feature on some Nissans for several years. If you hold the Unlock button for about 3 seconds the two front windows will roll down. If you hold the button long enough they will roll all the way down; otherwise they will stop when you release the button. You can also roll the windows up and down with the key in the door lock. All the info is in the Owner's Manual. Take the time to read through it. You will find many neat features there.

If you just don't like the roll down feature using the key fob you can get it disabled by your dealer. He can use the Consult 2 programmer to set the roll down feature to Mode 2, which disables the remote roll down.
I really like the feature. It gets very hot here in South Texas. If I am returning to my Armada after it has been parked in a hot parking lot I can roll the windows down so much of the hot air is vented out before I get inside.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Yes, I think it's a great feature. Just have to be mindful with your controller when walking away from your 'Mada and it's not in your garage!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I now know why I AM NOT A CAT PERSON!

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
auto window down

paulgator68 said:
Has anyone experenced the front driver and passenger windows being down when returning to your Armada? The other day my wife and I stoped by my parents house. We were going to be a while so I put up the driver side window (the passenger side had been up). A few hours later, my wife and I returned and found both front diver and passenger windows all the way down. (What if this window issue happened on the street someplace?) We also found a cat taking a nap in the back. As we were geting in the car we startled the cat. It jumped in the front seat and jumped out the window. This #@&*!$ cat cut my driver side leather seat. Now I get so Frigg'n mad everytime I see or even think about the my seat. :mad:

Has any one else had issues with this supernatural widow problem? What does a front leather driver seat cost (unheated)?

Frigg'n cat! :mad:
At least you're in cali......up here i did the same thing in the middle of a snow storm...locke the 'mada up put the keys in my pockect and the next monrning found both windows down 6" and 6" of snow on the inside of the truck ...clear the drive of snow is one thing but to have to shovel out the interior of the truck.....

tg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts