Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would drop a note to say how suprised I am with my great gas mileage. I have had the Armada for only 1800 miles and I am averaging 18.5 mpg's!!!!!

I have looked at some and they are getting 12 and 13................any body else getting good mileage!

P.S. I have the SE without the trip computer. I am calculating it by hand.....

Rodney

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thus the title of my thread "Suprising Gas Mileage"......I just put 20.16 gallons in this morning and looked at my trip meter that I reset the last time I put gas in.....372.5....the math 18.48.........Since I got the beast it has produced nothing less than 17........yes mostly highway and most of you would say I drive too slow........70 highway and speed limit other places!!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have been receiving pretty good gas mileage for the size engine that is in the Armada. But I am not power hungry and there is no stop light on the base I work on, I gas up once every 2 weeks and that is a half tank. I don’t care what gas mileage I am receiving filling up 2 times a month is fair in my mind.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
My Gas Mileage

Ok, I have about 2K miles and these are my gas mileage recordings (I am very accurate in my data)

1st tank: 9.23mpg
2nd: 10.03mpg
3rd: 9.89mpg
4th: 9.82mpg
5th: 15.50mpg
6th: 12.9mpg

1st tank I towed nothing and it was combination highway city
2nd,3rd and 4th tank I towed a 3,000 pound boat on the highway (took a trip)

5th tank was back from trip so no towing but it was the same as first tank back and forth from home to work. Highway/City Combination

6th tank was combination highway city and towed the boat once to the lake for about 30 miles or so.

That is the run down so far, I am getting prepared to run the Armada from AZ to Mich and back for a vacation over 4th july holiday with no towing so I will keep very accurate records and let you know what happens I am hoping to average at least 15mpg.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Which odometer?

That's cool that your getting excellent mileage but I'm wondering which of the two trip odometers your using. Recall that the display has an "A" and a "B" trip. Could it be that your mixing the mileage between the two?

I keep a little notepad in the glovebox and write the mileage down from the main odometer at each fill up along with date, gallons, octane and mpg columns. That way no mixups occur.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
umm 18mpg?

well i guess thats pretty good mpg. when i get mine i will see the mpg i will be getting, but i can say that i am slow 55-65mph so well see.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Although it wasn't a daily driver, I just compare my Armada milage to the Ford F350 dually crew cab 4x4 with a 460 that I sold and it seems down right econobox!
I've been getting about 12 pretty consistenly around town with my share of Tahoe dusting, and anything else that dares...
Best mileage was on I-5 with Thule box, 4 people, a weeks worth of junk for a 4 day ski trip and 17+ MPG at 70-75 MPH (FYI I-5 is pretty flat for the most part, some hills here and there).

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I know the difference between the to odometers.........I am an engineer so I am doing the math right. Once again I am not a lead foot and I know that the Armada kills the Tahoe and the like.....so no need to dust them at stop lights!!!! I just filled up again this morning and got 17.6 mpg's.......going to take a trip to Michigan this weekend so I will try again!!!

Thanks

Rodney

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Hey Rodney...

Where you headed to in Michigan and where you coming from? I am headed to Traverse City Michigan for about the first two weeks of July and driving the new Armada from Arizona. (I know it's a long drive) I will be paying close attention to my mpg and let you guys know what I get.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to Southwestern corner where I grew up.... a small town called Cassopolis.........it is about 4 hour drive.......

Have a great trip and I will report mileage as well!!

Be safe!

Rodney

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
mtuhoop24 said:
Just thought I would drop a note to say how suprised I am with my great gas mileage. I have had the Armada for only 1800 miles and I am averaging 18.5 mpg's!!!!!

I have looked at some and they are getting 12 and 13................any body else getting good mileage!

P.S. I have the SE without the trip computer. I am calculating it by hand.....

Rodney
There is no surprise. My Armada's best gas mileage report was 19.2 MPG, but mostly highway. I did the math correct, too. http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1018

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
it is not hard to believe that someone is getting 18.5 mpg. why? simple:

1. driver is at a avg. speed of BELOW 60mpg ( i did a research, and found out that for every 5 mph that u are over the speed limit is about 10 cents more u have to spend at gas station, so if ur running at avg. of 70-80mph we are talking about 30cents for each gallon )

2. how often u use the a/c ( get a mpg without using a/c at all, and another mpg using it )

3. are tire presure where there shud be? this can reduce 10-15% of ur mpg

4. hauling stuff? we all know that if u are ur mpg is gonna be low

5. using a trip box on the roof? this also kills ur mpg

6. be gentle on brake too, often ppl think that if u not floor the gas pedal means ur gonna have good mpg... well brakes play a part here too, so be easy on brakes "give'em a brake" :)

7.dont let ur armada running in the morning so the engine warms up... whenever ur ready for work turn that baby on and drive right away ( leaving ur armada to warm up will use lots of fuel since engine is cold in the morning )

these are a few tips we can use to get the best out of our armadas and POCKETS!! :D of course if u live in texas have to use a/c, no matter what u do always be safe out there !!! ;)

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Interesting observation about towing

I have noticed a severe decrease in economy when towing our pair of jetskis (2 Seadoo GTis that are 10' long and probably weight 600 lbs or so each with gas, plus double trailer). I would bet my mileage drops from it's typical 13 or so down in the 9's when towing at 65 or so consistently. I guess it's not that bad...just surprises me based upon how relatively light my combination is (can't be more than 2000 lbs or so).

I keep wanting an H2...but I bought one for my store and aside from the looks, I just can't justify it since it gets much lower fuel economy, has noticibly less power and is downright cramped inside compared to the Armada. I just get happier with each day...my only gripe is that I wish I had just gotten a full-boat LE like I wanted rather than getting an SE.

Later

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got 18.1 on my trip to Michigan...................not too bad.......

Rodney

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
gas milage sucks?

ever since i bought the mada i havent had a good gas milage, it takes $70 to fill up to the rim, from empty thats useing 91, and i only get 280 almost 290 miles street and highway, i dont punch it i just drive it regularly on the streets, and around 70 75 mph on the highway, is that normal or is there something that has to be done to get better milage :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts