Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back hatch rattles badly at times, anyone run into this? Or does this felt tape thing I see posted for the front doors work? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
mac daddy ride said:
My back hatch rattles badly at times, anyone run into this? Or does this felt tape thing I see posted for the front doors work? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
What year is it? Is it the glass or the door that rattles? Have you shown the dealer? They fixed all the rattles I know of for '05 and I am rattle free. They also can fix the '04s as well. ;)

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rattle gone

It’s a 04. I had my girlfriend get in the back and I drove down a rocky road. It turns out the jack mounting was loose. No more rattle!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Now that was an easy fix. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Hey i also have this rattle...idk what it is...i sprayed some WD-40 for fun around it lol but there is still a rattle when on rough roads

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
hatch/lift gate rattle

I've got 80K miles on my '04 LE. I'm done with it.

The ____ thing has rattled like a box of wrenches since day 1. The overhead console vibrates, squeaks, and rattles uncontrolably. Still worse, the rear lift gate rattles and the dealer refused to even admit there was a rattle. The gave me the ol' "we can't duplicate the problem" BS. Now, at 80K miles, I finally found the problem. The hitch/loop to which the lift gate attaches WAS NEVER BOLTED ON. The only thing holding the hitch in the truck is the plastic trim molding. Short of welding it on, I can't figure out how to get underneath it to apply nuts to bolts.

Here are some other things you can look forward to: the infamous brake jutter (i.e. replacing rotors and pads, although supposedly Nissan will make this right...of course I've done it twice already on my own dime), the finish around your steering wheel will come off, your seat belt hitch will cease to release the clip properly forcing you to use two hands and a good tug to get out of the damn truck, your towing package may catch fire, your sunroof will rattle when open, your window buttons or regulators will fail, your fan will bump against something in the engine compartment causing a repetative thudding when you run the AC, all of your seats will rattle unless they are seating people and your horn will malfunction so that it begins to sound like a muted trumpet.

Since I'm in Mississippi, I've got a good mind to drive it through the front door of the Canton plant.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
I have a creaking sound coming from the back lift gate. It seems to happen when I go over large speed bumps or when I enter parking lots. I Just thought it was normal. Maybe there is a TSB on it. I guess I will have to take the Armada back into the dealership.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I had a creak in mine for a while. I took and wrapped the latch with a piece of tape and it went away. After a few weeks the tape wore out and I removed it and the creak never came back?

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
I've had the same problem with rear lift gate, I assume my screws got loose from bass box in rear..You will have to pry up plastic strip and get a magnetic rod or screwdriver and put down in hole, there is a flat metal piece that you will have to patiently pull up,when you get it to the top try lining up hole and screw in one side of loop do not tigten as u might need to adjust for other hole,make sure latch is lined up by closing and opening and you should be ok

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
lift gate rattle fix!

Great Tip! The last poster was correct. Inside the small, walled in compartment beneath the lift gate's hitch/loop there was a flat, threaded bracket. He was also right in that it takes a lot of patience. I had to wrap the end of an allen wrench with masking tape then wedge it into one of the threaded holes to pull the bracket up far enough to start threading the other screw through the hitch loop and into the bracket. The allen wrench worked well b/c you can thread the hitch loop over the allen wrench while still holding the bracket in position. Once the screw was started, I put some super glue gel on the top of the bracket (where it would seat against the under body) and the threads of the other screw. Then, I torqued the hell out of it. Back out the first screw, which was temporarily the bracket in place, apply glue and repeat. This should hold it.

I drove around last night for the first time without the rattle of lift gate OR the bracket bouncing around in the compartment. THANKS

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I need someone to translate that last post - or just say it in easy words.
I have the same problem with my QX and all I found out where short-time-konklusions...

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
My 2007 had one rattle and it was the tag, fix was easy, drilled two bottom holes. Other then that no rattels at all, everyone who has drove with me is amazed how nice she rides. Now you want to talk about rattels, my sons 2004 F250 is the worst, I sold my FX4 150 one big reason was the rattels. My 2006 Lexus has a rattel in the dash that Lexus can't fix and it smells like a barn when the AC is first turned on. So don't get to discouraged, even Lexus cars rattles. :)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I just picked up an 04 Armada with 13,000 miles and there are a couple of rattles one from the front drivers side corner of the dash and one coming from the rear tail gate. Also my DVD seems to be a loose and shakes horrible when the monitor is down. I just got the car back from the dealer for the Brake Judder and going back again to take care of these rattles. I just really hope that everything gets fixed because I can't deal with rattles.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I had some bad rattles coming from my tailgate.. turned out to be a bad striker.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
I've had the same problem with rear lift gate, I assume my screws got loose from bass box in rear..You will have to pry up plastic strip and get a magnetic rod or screwdriver and put down in hole, there is a flat metal piece that you will have to patiently pull up,when you get it to the top try lining up hole and screw in one side of loop do not tigten as u might need to adjust for other hole,make sure latch is lined up by closing and opening and you should be ok
What exactly do you mean? I am still having rattling issues.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
hvcGHOST...Open rear hatch and see if you can shake the hitch/loop if it's moving about then you need to tightened it..most times the screw will still be in hole but not screw into the flat piece which is inside...have you check the stabalizers on the hatch?...Good luck..

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Thought I would try to resurrect this thread as well. I have a very "sharp" rattle in the hatch. We believe we've isolated it to the glass hinge. We're not sure if we can "over-tighten" that hinge.
Has anyone else dealt with this?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I hear this squeak that is annoying the crap it of me. It seems to be coming from the tailgate area but could wrong. Only seems to occur at speeds above 20mph going over small bumps. Probably because it takes that much shake off the rear area to squeak. I thought maybe it was the rear window or side rest Windows but after some hitting no sounds.

Any ideas?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts