Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a 2009 Armada 4x4 with stock 18 in rims. I'm looking to fit the tallest tire I can for offroading/camping/overlanding but I'd rather not do any lift. I'm not afraid of doing the pinch weld mod (had to do a lot of trimming on my old Astro camper build), and I have installed lifts by myself before, I'd just prefer to not cross that bridge unnecessarily.

SO...what is the tallest tire you all think I could mount to stock 18in wheels, with doing some trimming/PWM?

Currently considering:
285/75R18 - (this is a 35in tire, although the Toyo AT3's come in at 34.8)
295/70R18 - Just a hair above 34in tire, but a little wider

All of the choices would be E rated tires, which are fine with me. I don't mind a firmer ride, lower MPG, etc.. if I get the tire I want and with thicker sidewalls to protect against sharp rocks (been there...)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been looking at this same thing. I'm fairly confident that the truck can fit 35" tires without a problem. The stock ones (I have a QX56 that came factory with 20" wheels, but I think the overall diameter of the tire is the same as the Armada.) are a 33" tire, so going to a 35" will only make the tire 1" closer to everything, and at least on mine the smallest gap is 2". I am planning on lifting mine 2", but I'm about 95% sure that you could put the 285/75/18 in there with no modifications.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if this is still helpful but I have a 2006 Armada SE and before I did a mini 2" bilstein 5100 lift I was running 285/65/18 altura trail blade xt's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts