Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, :hi:

I am shopping for Armada's and have narrowed down to a 2006 LE with Tech Package vs 2006 LE with Sunroof package & Aftermarket Nav.

To me the $3000 more is a lot to pay for a built in Nav system & Backup camera. I also have a boat and saving the $3k off the Armada sticker will encourage the wife to let me get the the Garmin 376C Land & Sea package for $1300 to use in our trucks as well as the boat. The 376C is http://www.thegpsstore.com/Detail-Garmin-GPSMAP-376C-XM-Satellite-Weather.asp

How do current Armada owners rate the Nav that came with the Tech Package?

Apart from the Nav are there other features that current tech package owners can not live without?

Thanks much,
James

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
SoCal_Armada said:
Hi Folks, :hi:

I am shopping for Armada's and have narrowed down to a 2006 LE with Tech Package vs 2006 LE with Sunroof package & Aftermarket Nav.

To me the $3000 more is a lot to pay for a built in Nav system & Backup camera. I also have a boat and saving the $3k off the Armada sticker will encourage the wife to let me get the the Garmin 376C Land & Sea package for $1300 to use in our trucks as well as the boat. The 376C is http://www.thegpsstore.com/Detail-Garmin-GPSMAP-376C-XM-Satellite-Weather.asp

How do current Armada owners rate the Nav that came with the Tech Package?

Apart from the Nav are there other features that current tech package owners can not live without?

Thanks much,
James
The Tech Package includes the Sunroof Package, so the net cost for the Nav system is a lot less than $3000. That said, two benefits of the Garmin (or any other portable GPS unit) are the ability to trip plan on a PC and then download to the unit, and being able to use it in any vehicle, not just your Armada.

Keith

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Get both. :) I lke the backup camera, especially when towing. Since you have a boat and I believe you will be towing as well, I would strongly encourage the backup camare. Try sell the wifey from that angle.

Cheers !!!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
SoCal_Armada said:
Thanks much guys...

Clearly a split field of answers.

Sounds like no absolute clear winner.

Hmmmmmmm? What to do? Hmmmmm?
I've got it! Buy both!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.