Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Tell me it isn't so...

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Brass Pass 
#1 ·
I can't find anything in the owners manual regarding two items:

1. All doors lock automatically when vehicle reaches a speed of 5 - 15 mph. I had this on my 03 GMC truck and I miss it.

2. All interior lights can be turned on by one switch (normally the instrument cluster dimmer switch). I've had this feature on just about every vehicle I've owned or driven. Of course I also had an underhood light on every vehicle up until my 03 GMC and now this 04 Nissan.

Anybody know if we can do the above?

#3 ·
I had it on my POS '96 Grand Prix... it was a nice feature (the auto-door lock). Also had an underhood light on my first 3 cars, all pre-96.. Oh well, none of my others had this drivetrain :cool:

#4 ·
Brass Pass said:
2. All interior lights can be turned on by one switch (normally the instrument cluster dimmer switch). I've had this feature on just about every vehicle I've owned or driven. Of course I also had an underhood light on every vehicle up until my 03 GMC and now this 04 Nissan.

there is a rocker switch on your overhead, flipping it to the extreme left i believe turns on all interior lights.

#5 ·
Brass Pass said:
I can't find anything in the owners manual regarding two items:

1. All doors lock automatically when vehicle reaches a speed of 5 - 15 mph. I had this on my 03 GMC truck and I miss it.

for Q.2 you have a switch . you can set it to turned all lights when you open any door ore when you need them.. its infront of your top miror :rolleyes:

#6 ·
I never liked the auto door lock feature. That falls into the category of the engineers trying too hard to out think me. My Volvo actually has a comment in the owners manual that locking the doors may hinder rescue efforts should you wreck the car.

My complaint about the interior lights is that there isn't an all off switch. If my kids turn on the lights on the overhead console, I can't turn them off from the driver's seat. They will however go out after 30 or so minutes after you take out the key so they won't drain the battery.

#7 ·
poison_blood said:
for Q.2 you have a switch . you can set it to turned all lights when you open any door ore when you need them.. its infront of your top miror :rolleyes:

Yes, I feel stupid now. :eek: I knew about the switch, but I didn't realize it has the "all on feature." I guess I'm used to using the instrument panel light switch/dimmer for that. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.