Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I've got one to drive till Saturday morning. I used to have a Dodge Ram truck(damn good one), and now I have a 04 4Runner. I've been dissappointed in the quality of my 4Runner and on top of that I've had NO success with Toyota fixing anything even under warranty and with a TSB.

Anyway, driving this I was hoping to be wowed but a couple of things have got me on the fence. One is that it has the DVD thing but it appears to be aftermarket or something. Reason I say that is that there is 2 screens in the back above the front seats. You might say wow, what's wrong with that. Well they are crooked because that part of the ceiling is at a slight angle. Also the box with the controls in it has some play with it meaning it moves slightly from side to side. Is this normal?

There is also a cord coming out under the driver's seat that looks like a RCA plug(female) I guess to hook up other A/V equipment. Is this standard?

Another thing is that the passenger seat makes a noise when someone is in it like a racheting noise. Doesn't sound good.

This one also had a date code of 09/03. Must have every defect there is.

One last thing... I've gotten spoiled to only having to set the inside temp of the 4Runner and it does all the rest. This one is all manual. A drawback for me.

Now, I really like the Armada, I really did. It's just that these things kept me from getting excited about getting it.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Paul

By the way it's a Deep Water Blue even though it's Green.

Are there any Majestic Blue's out there?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
outbackpaul said:
Well, I've got one to drive till Saturday morning. I used to have a Dodge Ram truck(damn good one), and now I have a 04 4Runner. I've been dissappointed in the quality of my 4Runner and on top of that I've had NO success with Toyota fixing anything even under warranty and with a TSB.

Anyway, driving this I was hoping to be wowed but a couple of things have got me on the fence. One is that it has the DVD thing but it appears to be aftermarket or something. Reason I say that is that there is 2 screens in the back above the front seats. You might say wow, what's wrong with that. Well they are crooked because that part of the ceiling is at a slight angle. Also the box with the controls in it has some play with it meaning it moves slightly from side to side. Is this normal?

There is also a cord coming out under the driver's seat that looks like a RCA plug(female) I guess to hook up other A/V equipment. Is this standard?

Another thing is that the passenger seat makes a noise when someone is in it like a racheting noise. Doesn't sound good.

This one also had a date code of 09/03. Must have every defect there is.

One last thing... I've gotten spoiled to only having to set the inside temp of the 4Runner and it does all the rest. This one is all manual. A drawback for me.

Now, I really like the Armada, I really did. It's just that these things kept me from getting excited about getting it.

Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

Paul

By the way it's a Deep Water Blue even though it's Green.

Are there any Majestic Blue's out there?
Other than the seat problem it sounds like a hack job by the previous owner doing some half a$$ed shoddy "mods", look for another one. Too bad, I am going to be selling mine shortly, but you are too far away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.