·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks nice! Love those rims.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Or maybe it's just my imagination. But today, the lift went on, along with the new tires and wheels.

I couldn't be happier with the new look, the new stance, and the new height!
Well, time to update the profile pic! Great looking lift and wheels/tire combo. Care to post the details? I know you said 4” in the other thread - what about brand of the lift and specs on wheels & tires.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, time to update the profile pic! Great looking lift and wheels/tire combo. Care to post the details? I know you said 4” in the other thread - what about brand of the lift and specs on wheels & tires.
The four inches of lift comes from the three inch Calmini suspension lift, and the 295/75R18 tires. I'll upload the picture tomorrow, but the measurement to the top of the wheel well before was 36 inches, and after measured 40.

The total upgrades, so far, are:

Chrome delete (mix of plastidip and vinyl warp)
Rhino Rack Backbone and Pioneer Rack
18 x 9 ProComp Series 34 wheels
Calmini 3" suspension lift
295/75R18 Yokohama Geolandar X-AT

·
Registered
1 Posts
The four inches of lift comes from the three inch Calmini suspension lift, and the 295/75R18 tires. I'll upload the picture tomorrow, but the measurement to the top of the wheel well before was 36 inches, and after measured 40.

Super awesome look!!
Mind giving a rough $ amount for this?

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super awesome look!!
Mind giving a rough $ amount for this?
A lady never tells...

but I guess for just the parts around $4,000. It could be more or less depending on taste and styles. I mean, the sky is the limit on wheels, but the Series 34 are on more affordable side. Luckily, when presented with myriad options, my wife liked those the best. The tires, again, can range in price. Unfortunately, the suspension price is set, but I chose to pay the price for the kit I knew would fit and work, rather than try to piece something together and save a few bucks.

Installation costs will also vary. I did save money by installing the Rhino system myself.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts

Looks great! Super capable rig right there. 👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: hARMADAca

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I love how aggressive it looks. Definitely a great looking build.

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
I am thinking about switching up my setup. the Old Man EMU springs are causing me grief with the rear chamber issues, can't seem to get away from it... any input about options, can I still use my setup and add the Calmini lift?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Hey Sean - I have a question for you. Since you have good sense and real world experience on the LT295/70R18 Yoko Geolander, why would you choose this metric size vs. the standard 35 x 12.50 for the 18" rim. The specs are so similar and, for me, I just like the standard sizes stamped on the sidewall, i.e. 31 x 10.50, 33 x 12.50, or 35, or 37, etc. Was it an availability thing or just a preference. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but, just a question. Maybe it was that the 295 has a higher load rating? Any insight?

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum 4x4
23 Posts
Hey Sean - I have a question for you. Since you have good sense and real world experience on the LT295/70R18 Yoko Geolander, why would you choose this metric size vs. the standard 35 x 12.50 for the 18" rim. The specs are so similar and, for me, I just like the standard sizes stamped on the sidewall, i.e. 31 x 10.50, 33 x 12.50, or 35, or 37, etc. Was it an availability thing or just a preference. I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but, just a question. Maybe it was that the 295 has a higher load rating? Any insight?
I think you were trying to ask hARMADAca... i have 20" wheels on mine

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I was doing my research into different tires, I looked at a bunch of different sizes. Growing up on inch-based tire sizes, I've alway been partial to a good ol' height x width measurement. This time was no exception; however, there seem to be more options with the metric sizes. As far as style, I didn't want or need a full-fledged mud terrain, but wanted a very aggressive look. The X-ATs are in the middle of an A/T and an M/T, the sweet spot that I wanted, but didn't know existed until I saw them.

Also, when talking to the guys at Calmini about the lift, they mentioned that I might get rubbing issues with a standard 35 inch tire (the 295/70's are just shy of both 35 and 12.50 inches). I had already picked out the tires and wheels before ordering the lift, so when they mentioned 295/70's as the tire they would spec for the lift, I knew it was the right choice.

Hundreds of miles in, and I love everything about it. Somehow, the Armada seems quieter at high speeds. The biggest, noticeable difference is the compressor. It runs a little more to keep the airbags adjusted, but the ride quality is still very smooth.

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
When I was doing my research into different tires, I looked at a bunch of different sizes. Growing up on inch-based tire sizes, I've alway been partial to a good ol' height x width measurement. This time was no exception; however, there seem to be more options with the metric sizes. As far as style, I didn't want or need a full-fledged mud terrain, but wanted a very aggressive look. The X-ATs are in the middle of an A/T and an M/T, the sweet spot that I wanted, but didn't know existed until I saw them.

Also, when talking to the guys at Calmini about the lift, they mentioned that I might get rubbing issues with a standard 35 inch tire (the 295/70's are just shy of both 35 and 12.50 inches). I had already picked out the tires and wheels before ordering the lift, so when they mentioned 295/70's as the tire they would spec for the lift, I knew it was the right choice.

Hundreds of miles in, and I love everything about it. Somehow, the Armada seems quieter at high speeds. The biggest, noticeable difference is the compressor. It runs a little more to keep the airbags adjusted, but the ride quality is still very smooth.
Awesome - thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Armada Platinum
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am thinking about switching up my setup. the Old Man EMU springs are causing me grief with the rear chamber issues, can't seem to get away from it... any input about options, can I still use my setup and add the Calmini lift?
If I remember my conversation correctly, the lift up front is as standard as you can get- spacers and new (super substantial) UCA's. The rear lift is achieved through a subframe spacer, so the airbag system is never touched or adjusted, just detached and reattached to the subframe. I don't see why that would have to change with springs, but I guess that depends on the mount.

I highly recommend talking to Steve Kramer at Calmini. He knows everything about the lift and the install, and answered questions I didn't even know I should ask. Also, ask him about his progress with the on-board air conversion! When we last spoke, he was working on a project to use springs to lift, and convert the air suspension compressor to an on-board air system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts