Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the pleasure of taking the Beast oversand for the first time today.........and I am impressed. I have had 5 different SUV's on this beach, and the monster puts them all to shame. It floated effortlessly over deep, soft sand. The 10 inches of clearance meant no picking up beach rocks with the suspension. Having come from a Suburban, we thought we'd miss the room behind the 3rd row, but we were able to fit all our beach gear back there with some in front of the 2nd row on the floor. I had to try not to laugh after parking next to a jeep Liberty.......puny little car/truck, hehe. The hottie by the Beast is Mrs. Blackrain (the trucks true owner), I am just her "detailer"........ :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Green Goggles

Yup. Using the erase tool in photoshop instead of the blur tool, woops. These are nick kids if there ever were. There's a nice truck in the picture if you look closely too!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
What beach are you driving on? I drive a lot at Pismo Beach where there are miles and mile of sand dunes. Very fun. Have not tried in my Armada yet though.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I was going to ask that same question....BUT it looks like a beach where I'm from! Are you from NY Blackrain? :hi:

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duxbury Beach, Massachusetts

Duxbury Beach, about 45 mins south of Boston. They open up the ocean side from May through November. It's basically a 7 mile long sandbar, or "barrier beach". Conditions vary greatly from year to year, some years it's 90% rocks, this is a good year (few destructive beach storms this winter), lots of soft sand. :2cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Nice truck, nice bride, nice family, nice beach! Nice honesty about the "true" owner.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Good to hear the Mada fairs well in the sand.. I'll be taking mine down to South Padre Island the week of July 4th and looking forward to having some fun with it. The past few years I've always taken our Xterra and it was a blast on the beach, sand dunes, rocks etc... I'm sure I'll be less reckless and more deliberate in my off roading on the Armada than I was with the Xterra though.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
The_Flood said:
Good to hear the Mada fairs well in the sand.. I'll be taking mine down to South Padre Island the week of July 4th and looking forward to having some fun with it. The past few years I've always taken our Xterra and it was a blast on the beach, sand dunes, rocks etc... I'm sure I'll be less reckless and more deliberate in my off roading on the Armada than I was with the Xterra though.
'Til that 4th beer hits...... :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts