Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well while I was at the dealership today for a crazy noise coming from the engine (2388 miles), I decided to plant the seed in case I have the "Brake" problem soon.
All 3 advisors swore up and down to me that I will NOT have any problems with my brakes. They told me since mine was built in 4/05, I already have upgraded/bigger rotors and not to worry about it?

Am I dumb enough in thinking that could be true? or were they just feeding me BS to get me out of there lol?

Do any of you with trucks built in 05 have the brake prob??

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
My Titan was built 04/05 also, hope what they say is true. Either way it will be under warranty (just a hassle to drop off and pickup at dealer).

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont think i can tell unless the tire/rim is off.. lol
which I cant do right now
gonna go try and look anyhow.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there any other way to tell??
I just looked and unless I jack it up and take the tire off, i can't tell.

There is a number imprinted on the rotor that I can see, can I measure it or something?

sorry for the stupid questions, just want to know if I'm gonna be spending lots of time at the dealer.

thanks again.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
New brake packages from factory

The dealer sales department doesn't know anything. I bought my new 05 Armada last night. When I asked the sales guys about the brakes they told me the brake problem was fixed on all 05's. What bull****. I told then that was not right and the guy just argued with me. I verified with the service department before I signed that the vehicle has the NEW brake package - I asked to talk with the Service Director. They took me to the shop and showed me the stamping on the rotor that indicated that it was the new rotor design. The Service Director told me that brake fixes are being installed from the factory as of mid-June, and that brake fix packages are being sent to dealers for retro-fit into owners vehicles as they are requested. Good luck with your issue.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input.
the steering wheel started shaking today during braking.
2500 mi.
it's going to shop next week for the replacement cat. converter anyway.

whats the best way to approach the advisor on the brake issue?
wait till its worse? demand the rotors are replaced now?
go to the salesman first?

again, your help is appreciated.
I really don't have time to go the dealer 18 times for rotors to be turned every week.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
omg thats why im holding on buying an LE 4x4. if brakes are still of an issue i better wait 2 more months for the 06 model. ;)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it's not that bad, don't really know if it will get worse or if I really do have the old brakes or not. I drive a lot so I'm sure over the next week I will know. From the pics posted, it does look like I have the new ones, but it's kinda hard to tell. Maybe I'm over reacting but the wheel is starting to shake a little bit. I'm sure it will get worse and i'll post back in the next few days.

I'm still going to mention it when I'm in for service AGAIN next week. My truck is only 2.5 weeks old and it's my thrid trip to dealer lol.

They had to order me a whole new cat converter, somehow it got loose and rattles like hell all the time... unreal.

not to mention, 2 sensor replaced already, door is now rattling, and I'm not sure if I'm encountering the "brake" thing now or not....

All of that said, I still love the truck and I'm glad I bought it. All of these issues can and will be fixed and they do give a car to drive so no big deal.
This is a monster of a truck and I wouldn't trade it in for anything else right now :)

I did know of the brake thing before I bought the beast and I still bought it after driving it. I wouldn't let that stop you from buying one.. Maybe not a bad idea to wait for the 06 though :)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
yea as i can see, armada has minor problems like rattles and stuff like that, but brakes is a big concern, at least to me. but you said it, that wont stop me from buying one, thing is wich one!!! :)

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i got an se with tow package and leather, no nav, no dvd (putting in aftermarket for 800) for a total of $33k and change.

good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts