Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup,
seems to stop a bit better and best of all... 5 days now and not a hint of brake dust.. sweet !

Not to mention, before new rotors, at 80MPH trying to stop felt like a train wreck... no kidding, the entire front end of the truck felt like it was falling apart...

Now if they would just fix my A/C so I'm not sweating lol.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
/\ [? [\/] /\ [} /\ said:
Are the rotors aftermarket or from Nissan? Do you have a part #
Sounds like he got the new Nissan replacement parts. Dealers are starting to get stock on them now. If/when you experience brake problems, go to the dealer and they will put them on for free, when they get them in stock. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
iuno if we got the new rotors but they had a black coating around the edges and in the middle..iunno lol...and it was only about 1 cm+ thickness on the front of the rotor...i have no clue if this is the fix or not...we also got new brake pads

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I have the new rotors on the brake fix. I love them, no dust and much better stopping. The armada should of come with the brakes from the factory.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ockevin said:
I have the new rotors on the brake fix. I love them, no dust and much better stopping. The armada should of come with the brakes from the factory.
They are now as of 5/05 when they became available. ;)

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I have the fix and so far there 150% better with only about 1/10th of the brake dust. Only about 1500 miles on them, but so far so good!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I've had them for around 8k now, and they rock! Finally, the brakes that should have come on it to begin with! :)

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Heat03 said:
Yup,
seems to stop a bit better and best of all... 5 days now and not a hint of brake dust.. sweet !

Not to mention, before new rotors, at 80MPH trying to stop felt like a train wreck... no kidding, the entire front end of the truck felt like it was falling apart...

Now if they would just fix my A/C so I'm not sweating lol.
Just got my brakes done today. They'd been "iffy"...not terrible, but just iffy so when I called to make an appt for the oil change I said "ya know my brakes are starting to judder and squeal pretty bad (they were squealing) all this at 20k miles.

They said "what year, '04?" Yep. "Okay, leave it for 4 hours and we'll replace the rotors. Then they called after 2 hrs and said "On the test drive we see your A/C isn't working right - we'll replace the fan/motor goodies". Umm...okay, go for it.

So they ended up replacing the rotors and pads on the front, and also turned the rears and added new pads and fixed my A/C.

Now it stops like a champ and cools like a freezer.

Thumbs up for Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale, AZ. :awesome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts