Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about (3) months with my 2005 Black Armada LE, I noticed a perfect hole in the roof above the driver half way between the sunroof and windshield. The hole is a perfect square approximately 3/4" and looks like it was stamped and not cut. The inside edges are painted so it must be from the factory. The dealer says he has been talking to Nissan about this for about 6 weeks with no answer.

It's very noticeable, so I'm sure it was plugged when I bought the truck.

Any Ideas?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
tstbc said:
After about (3) months with my 2005 Black Armada LE, I noticed a perfect hole in the roof above the driver half way between the sunroof and windshield. The hole is a perfect square approximately 3/4" and looks like it was stamped and not cut. The inside edges are painted so it must be from the factory. The dealer says he has been talking to Nissan about this for about 6 weeks with no answer.

It's very noticeable, so I'm sure it was plugged when I bought the truck.

Any Ideas?
My XM antenna is in that general vicinity. ?????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
tstbc said:
After about (3) months with my 2005 Black Armada LE, I noticed a perfect hole in the roof above the driver half way between the sunroof and windshield. The hole is a perfect square approximately 3/4" and looks like it was stamped and not cut. The inside edges are painted so it must be from the factory. The dealer says he has been talking to Nissan about this for about 6 weeks with no answer.

It's very noticeable, so I'm sure it was plugged when I bought the truck.

Any Ideas?
Do you have a picture? That sounds strange....I take it you don't get much rain:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Antenna

I agree, that it is probably meant for the new factory room-mount satellite antenna. Make-em give you a satellite radio.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37 Posts
I have an 05 LE 4x4 with factory installed sirius system and there is NO HOLE in the roof what so ever, no stamped hole, on the exterior or interior. Nothing of the sort exists on my truck. Call Nissan Consumer Affairs and do double duty on your own, your dealer will give you the run around until he convinces you it should be there. It was not on any of the 06's I looked at either.

Yes it is the vacinity of where the factory antenna is, however the antenna for the Sat radio is 100% internal and attatched to the winshield. I just bought my truck in the middle of Jan, so I test drove an 05 and an 06 each over 100 miles and brought each home. Neither one had a hole. I also have the factory Navigation system so it's not for that either.

Good luck. Call Nissan!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
Ericmabrams said:
I have an 05 LE 4x4 with factory installed sirius system and there is NO HOLE in the roof what so ever, no stamped hole, on the exterior or interior. Nothing of the sort exists on my truck. Call Nissan Consumer Affairs and do double duty on your own, your dealer will give you the run around until he convinces you it should be there. It was not on any of the 06's I looked at either.

Yes it is the vacinity of where the factory antenna is, however the antenna for the Sat radio is 100% internal and attatched to the winshield. I just bought my truck in the middle of Jan, so I test drove an 05 and an 06 each over 100 miles and brought each home. Neither one had a hole. I also have the factory Navigation system so it's not for that either.

Good luck. Call Nissan!
My Sat radio antenna (XM) is not internal, and not attached to the windshield. It is external, on the roof, on the driver's side between the windshield and the sunroof. Perhaps they have a different configuration for XM and Sirius? Or, I seem to remember that Nissan was having troubles with some of the internal mounted antennas, could this be the fix for 06?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Satellite Antenna

Nissan has used different types of antenna. Mine is the SIGMA (Inside Mount) antenna, but I have seen at least two different ones mounted outside the vehicle.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hole in my roof

I very much appreciate everyone's input and further appreciate, in advance, allowing me to vent.

I just talked to the dealer again after saying, matter of factly, all week long, that the hole was for the XM satelite. (Gerald Nissan, Naperville)

He said they are ordering a new roof for me. What the ....?

I am a mechanical enginner. I have been designing and building equipment used for R&D and Production in the automotive industry for well over 10 years now. The automotive industry is the most high-tech, innovative, dynamic industry in the world and I will challenge anyone on that point. Microsoft and Dell have nothing on this industry,from an engineering standpoint, that I would consider "high-tech". I have dealt with every major player in this industry. The people I deal with are incredibly smart, worldy in scope, honest, and straight forward. These are people from Coast to Coast, Mexico, Europe, China, Korea, and Japan; they are all the same in their professionalism.

Nobody believes me on this point because the only thing they know about this industry is what they see at the dealership. These dealerships are exactly opposite of everyone else in the industry and IT IS A CRIME.

I'll let you know about my new &%$#@! roof.

PS: I was involved in building the tank farm for the assembly plant that builds the Armada in Canton, MS.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
895 Posts
As long as the dealer has the order in for your roof , maybe they should tack on an order for a couple full functioning BRAINS! They can't be serious! I think it might be time to mention the "L" word (lawyer) to stimulate their grey matter a little. As much as I detest any kind of frivolous legal action, I think you might have to do something with these mental dipsticks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,590 Posts
Can you take a picture of this hole and post it for us to see? Thx in advance
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
Tell your dealer you will settle for a free installed XM system. That way the problem with the hole is settled, at a much cheaper price than replacing the roof.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,431 Posts
scr38 said:
Tell your dealer you will settle for a free installed XM system. That way the problem with the hole is settled, at a much cheaper price than replacing the roof.
thats what I was thinking.....plus a years worth of free programing for dealing with the issue.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got it done.

Thanks everyone. I called Nissan directly and they addressed the issue. Apparently the hole is standard for 2006 but they can't figure out why it's in a 2005 truck.

Anyway, they are installing an XM radio plus a few months free. Additionally my wife had damaged the front plastic portion of the fender and Nissan offered to relace it free for the good will. Think the dealer would do that?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
Sounds like you are going to come out good on this. Glad to see Nissan taking care of it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
497 Posts
Free XM

The first 3 months were free on my Sirius when drove mine off the lot. I think that is the case for any new system. Just long enough so you can fall in love with it and get to the point where you can't live without it. Then they make you pay for it. If you want 3 free months pay a year at a time and you get 3 free months. So 15 months for the price of 12.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
I know my reply is late but I just joined up (thinking about getting the wife an

Armada to go along with my Titan). One thing I would have gotten them to do for sure is replace any and all padding material in between the headliner and roof. Some rain had to get in there and that could lead to mold.

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
646 Posts
Hole in the roof standard on 06????

Hey tstbc, can you post a picture, please.
I'm still scratching my head - a hole standard on all 06, that sound odd.
Is that hole normally pluged, when not used for an antena??
Weired, to say the least.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top