Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After assuring me that my truck had the new brakes... and after my first 2700 mile resurfacing, they told me I was on the list to receive the new parts.
I was there with my wifes car and figured let me just double check on this for fun....

Of course, the service manager now came to meet me and explain the routine. 3 times before parts are ordered and I am NOT on any list... Unreal... Since I drive a lot, I told him I will be back in 2 weeks for #2... lol

this is BS :temphot:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Heat03 said:
After assuring me that my truck had the new brakes... and after my first 2700 mile resurfacing, they told me I was on the list to receive the new parts.
I was there with my wifes car and figured let me just double check on this for fun....

Of course, the service manager now came to meet me and explain the routine. 3 times before parts are ordered and I am NOT on any list... Unreal... Since I drive a lot, I told him I will be back in 2 weeks for #2... lol

this is BS :temphot:
Yeah, there's a backlog on the new parts and I think this is an attempt to either stall or hopefully get some of the original stuff to work. Mine are now squeeking though no pulsing yet. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Triple...

How many miles do you have??

Is it possible that after one time of resurfacing, the brakes may not encounter this problem again?? I highly doubt that because if the rotors are too small, this problem will re-occur again, and again. Resurfacing obviously is not any part of the solution.. lol

I know this is all old news to you, just don't understand why I'm not already on the list for the new parts. There are 18 people in front of me and the list grows faster than they receive the parts. They told me they are up to 4 new rotors a week incoming. That's still over 1 month away, IF I was on the list and if no one else comes in. It just pisses me off, really, because they know the solution and they insist on not adding me to the list until after 3 times....

whatever... I'm driving as much as I can now lol, so I'm sure I'll be back there in 2-3 weeks for #2 !!!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I just got my FIRST brake fix.

Rotors turned. Parts added:
1 pad kit "41060-7s027" (new pads)
4 bolts "41005-7s000"

I had a call into 1800NISSAN1 to question why I'm not on the list & was told the NEXT time I come in, only then will I get on the list for the rotor replacement. The Nissan rep even said was "likely" to warp again since they are familiar with this issue but I have to go thru the motions...likely alright.

BTW - I called Nissan because the dealer was so busy they wanted the Armada 3 DAYS (even w/appt!) - also to get the AC recharged (it still is not what I consider cold - we'll see when it hits 100 deg again). Anyways ,they finished right at closing on the 2nd day & they paid 1 day car rental so I'm ok with them...'til next time.

The service rep was very nervous about his report card & I can only imagine what was said when the Nissan rep called his manager the day after about this. I hope he's alright I just wanted more awareness on the prolonging of the brake replacement nonsense.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amen.

BTW, there is a TSB about the a/c now and I agree. MIne is not cold all the time.. takes a long time to cool and sometimes fan blower speed changes...all by itself..

I can't wait to go back again.. I'm now at 5400 miles and brake judder has begun, Again !!

Right on the money, first time was 2700 miles and now 5400.. you do the math lol.

They swear to me that I'll be added to the list this (2nd) time.. we shall see this week.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
First, be polite

Second, write Nissan USA about your problem. Ask that it be fixed.

Third, if things are not happening, invoke your state's Lemon Law statute by trackable mail. This is just a formality but you really need to punch this step of the ticket.

Fourth, wait.

Fifth, wait more.

Sixth, make a "formal" recontact every month meaning you know they got the message. Faxing, if you have a Fax log, is just fine.

Step Three is the most important. You have to toll the bell, after that your interests are protected.

My experience. Bought my Armada in 4/04. Had breaks serviced five times. Made a good Nissan USA connect in January. Patiently waited as there really wasn't a fix yet.

Checked in (whined) last week. The "fix kit" that I unerstand is extensive is being shipped to my dealer with my name on it. A factory tech is coming 8/18 to do the install. We will see.

I think we have bought rock solid vehicles from a company that cares. Maybe not about us, but about their reputation. There is a brake problem that was caused by poor engineering or poor manufacturing. Nissan may have had no involvement in this process at all. I know we want it it fixed and I think they do too. We ain't driving the space shuttle so keep things in perspective. Give 'em a chance to fix it. If you want a fight have at it. You will probably win, get your attorney paid, and dump your truck back to Nissan. In the end you will have expended lots of energy fighting really smart people for something they really want to take care of in the first place. And, you've lost your truck. I love mine and want to keep it. That said, if they don't fix my brakes I am going to cut out their liver and eat it. Just kidding!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Sounds fishy to me. "A factory tech is coming 8/18 to do the install" Why? It's the easiest fix you can do. The "normal" service dept can change rotors and brake pads in 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Bad Dealer

I just got the brake fix yesterday (Sat,7/30), so far they are MUCH better than before. I was on the list for the fix but was moved to the front and a special kit sent in my name when I went in to have the rotors turned but they wouldnt/couldnt. They were already turned twice, service person said it wasnt safe to turn again. This made my truck what he called "down in service". I could still drive because the pads were still good but the rotors still pulsed. My kit was at the dealer in 3 days. From what I've read on this forum, The difference is bad dealers. Some are into servicing customers and some are not. I would suggest going to another dealership. The one I go to now isnt the one I bought my Truck at. The service is much better and they at least play it straight with me. Thats all I can ask for......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts