Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I decieded to replace the plugs in my fairly new to me Mada...It sucked pretty bad (though I've had worse), I think the last time they neglected to antiseeze them before installing them plugs. What do you think? think they was about due..

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Never use anti-seize or any thread lubricant for spark plugs. Even NGK and Denso warns not to use it because it throws off the torque values and can make someone over-tighten the plug(s).

The torque spec for the spark plugs on the WA60s: 24.5nm/18 ft/lbs.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Those plugs look like original factory installed... IDK about 18ft/lbs of torque. When I removed my factory installed plugs @ 107K miles. They were supper tight. I was cussing up a storm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It prob was the original plugs. Most of the cars I have worked on, usually puts a paint mark or something to tell that they was installed at the factory..I assumed it was the case with this... All I can say is that some of them was incredibly hard to take out (almost scared of breaking the threads or the plug itself)..they definitely was old and wore out. Since changing them, the Mads seams to have a little more response as it should with new plugs.... there has alway been a question back and forth about putting anti-seize on the treads of the plugs themself.. everything about not getting being able to torque them down, to not getting a great ground... I have done many plugs, and yet have got to see one come back with problems relating to anti-siesing them..I do understand what you are getting at and i appreciate the advice and input... It happens to be more of a personal preference than anything.

I beleave i just found the mark on this spark plugs. if indeed this is the mark, then these plugs was installed in the factory... there was a green dot on top of these plugs. sorry my hands have been dry lately....

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
47 Posts
Wow - I'd count myself lucky to get all 8 out. Last time I changed plugs and coil packs on my F150, I successfully removed three...and broke 5, leaving the threads in the block. Now that was fun backing those out...

Reactions: toname

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow - I'd count myself lucky to get all 8 out. Last time I changed plugs and coil packs on my F150, I successfully removed three...and broke 5, leaving the threads in the block. Now that was fun backing those out...
I was also afraid of either breaking the plug in the head (like you mentioned), my other concern was messing up the threads, The aluminum heads tend to be more prone to that.... Did you get the car back on the road again?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
47 Posts
I was also afraid of either breaking the plug in the head (like you mentioned), my other concern was messing up the threads, The aluminum heads tend to be more prone to that.... Did you get the car back on the road again?
Oh yes - and it ran good. But, they make a kit to pull broken plugs out of that Triton V8 from Ford. Probably should have recalled them and replaced the plugs with something with more integrity…broken plugs were a plague of that motor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is something I will be doing when I hit 100k miles. I have a 2013 and seen vids of people doing it and it looks like it's not too hard to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts